Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
liana,

You might want to look through member reviews on the Hotel Review section and the Caribbean weather thread. Weather should be fine and bright and in the late 20's. You might see an odd shower, but these are normally at night.

Darren
Although I've been to the DR many times I haven't stayed at any of those hotels so I can't help there, but one thing I have discovered is that its not only about which hotel, its about what kind of hotel would be more suited to you and your needs.

Most of the AI's in DR are big but some of them are huge often duplicating and triplicating facilities with different hotel names given to each section. It's usual to be able to use most if not all of the facilities in each. Some people might like this, if they don't like one pool or bar for instance there are many more to choose from but of course that means a lot of walking or waiting for the little trains that are often provided to get people from A to B. There is such a lot to explore and so many staff that it can often feel like you never really settle and get comfortable with knowing where you are and with getting to know the staff looking after you.

If making yourself at home while you're on holiday is important to you, you might like to consider choosing one of the more compact hotels for your first taste of the AI Caribbean experience but if you love to explore then one of the extended groups of hotels might be for you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.