Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Liana

I assume they are two different hotels as I've found a website for each. Bahia Principe San Juan HERE, Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro HERE.

San Juan reviews HERE. Currently no reviews for the GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE BAVARO.

Pippy :D
gran bahia principe bavaro and gran bahia principe punta cana are the two hotels joint together loads of reviews for punta cana from first choice,airtours etc.the bavaro hotel is more american/canadian reviewed.
So is first choice the only agent that does is would rather go with thomas cook.
Hi there, the two resorts you mention are in different parts of the Dom Rep. The Bahia Principe San Juan is in the north of the Island and the Bahia Principe Bavaro is in the east of the Island. The resorts are obviously owned by the same chain but the
location of the Bavaro resort is, in my opinion far nicer. The east of the island has some of the most beautiful beaches on the whole of the island. The first time we went to Dom Rep we stayed at the Bahia Principe San Juan property and we had a very nice time but it has in the last twelve months or so received some very bad publicity with lots of complaints about illness at the resort - if you Google it, you will see what I mean. Personally if it was me I would go for the Bavaro resort - again this is just my opinio but I would certainly check it out before you book anything. Hope this helps.
You can read more about the Bahia Principe San Juan HERE.

Pippy :D
hi it the Bavaro one im wanting but cant find it with any agebt online :? it is tha bavaro one that has the three pools at the front all joined together with a bridge going over it isnt it :?
If you look at this link 7th down its coming up San Juan but click on the photos and it the ones ive seen somewhere for Bavaro. Please help!!! http://www.airtours.co.uk/Book/AtopwebV2/EN/Ctg/AtopWeb.aspx
The link didn't work for me so not sure of the price they quoted you, however, we used the Caribbean warehouse for our holiday this year and they provided an experience better or on par with any of the other travel firms we have used in the past. Their web site DR 5 star page shows the hotel you want, but from our experience you have to phone for the actual price.

We chose the airport/time/carrier/price to suit us out of the ones available and we chose the hotel. They then made it happen for us at a price considerably lower than I managed to get via any of the normal routes.

Just so I don't confuse the issue, we actually went to Mexico, although initially we were talking Sunscape the Beach. The CW did not mind me changing my mind and asking for multiple options. There was also no pressure that I detected.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.