Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
the only way to retrieve your credit file(as they call it ) is by telephone ; 0871 244 2366. i have had cause to use it quite a lot recently as i have caught them out with their pricing, at the moment i have £500 pounds worth of credits tied up, i have booked flights with these credits for next year from East Midlands airport where they say operations will cease on 31/12/2009. they say they will offer an alternative airport or a full refund, but they can't say that a full refund will include the credits only the cash differences, i assume they will then re-insate the credits for me to use again as they have had my money originally for these overpricings. So i am not best pleased at present , waiting impatiently for the press release which should be out 3/12/2009.
sorry, i also forgot to mention you are unable to view or amend these type of bookings in the normal web page "manage bookings" as they do not exist on the web. !!
If i phone up to book it they charge £60 on top, ( for 4 people ) i was lead to belive, im sure i read it on there site? And i guess the number for phone bookings is a 0845 style number too that costs?

And thanks again David ive sent them the question, i think ( its such a poor confusing system ) as it now wants me to create an acount? which i allready have? so have again!
Fil, use the 0871 244 2366 tel number, there is no charge, tell them you wish to book a flight using your credie file, this should have a reference number beginning CX, they will then tell you what you have booked and ask if you wish to continue if so they will then e mail you your new booking.
nosivad

So its just a case of calling that number, giving them my CX number, then still on the phone book my new flight, giving them all the names, details etc

use the 0871 244 2366 tel number, there is no charge

i take it you mean no charge in booking not phoning that number, as i dont have a land line only a mobile so could be costly!
oh " i just remembered as it is an animated selection phone, just say "help " at the beginning and you will be transferred to a human being staight away, thereby saving time on the phone.
shirley h wrote:
Sometimes everybody's transported to the plane by bus which means that speedy boarding counts for nothing - it's first off the bus and up the stairs :(

We will be going from Bristol so I'm going to take my chances. There are only 2 of us so hopefully we'll get 2 seats together - not fussed whereabouts on the plane.

It is normally a walk to the aircraft at Bristol, only some of the early morning flights use a bus to board, as they are parked on the remote stands.

You will get two seats together, I can almost guarantee it. I always manage to get 4

Gower
Well ive had to use that dreaded 08712442366

used your help tip nosivad :cheers

17min call on the mobile would have been £6.80

on a land line £1.70

but i used my skype, that i normaly use abroad to call people back home £0.26 ( not too bad )

Only dam issue now is my other 3 passengers all have to call it to give them there passport detail, as you cant do it online, and no online check in either! A right PITA as we all have carry on, so now have to use check in desks.

There book now if it gets cheeper gaurentee does exsist, but is hard work to apply and sort, and now will cost me more time in the airport :( ( not really woth the £29.98 i saved IMO )

Thanks for all the help guys :tup
EasyJet Do The Following:
Speedy Boarding And Plus Card Holders
Special Assistance
Thoes In Group A
Thoes In Group B
Gower, have you checked this recently? They are now saying on their website that groups are 1 (SB & SB+), then SA & finally 2 (which is anyone else) with no mention of online check in's at all. The online check in help notes also now mention nothing about group A, though presumably as they've already got people online booked group A in the last 60 days they'll have to honour that.

As I said in September group A (as was)
Also includes anyone who books in online & only has hand luggage. I think it's in addition to the 1st 30 checking at the airport, though as more passengers do the online/hand luggage gig, they'll presumably have to revise this.
So it looks to me that the numbers booking online have grown & now with the first 30 at the airport are bigger percentages on some flights, their thinking is that
- if we want to book online,
- get on early with hand luggage only
- then we'll spend out for the SB.

Money making ploy to get more paying for SB. Simples!
Pete
My turn for a question???

having never used them before whats the crack? we are booked on a flight later in December WITH HOLD BAGGAGE.. will i be able to use the on line check in before we go [how long before] and if so what happens with the bags, do we still que or is there a bag drop??

wiz
Not really wiz

You can check in online but that only works if you use hand luggage.
If you check in online with no luggage & then turn up with hold luggage you simply have to check in again at the airport, but also then pay a higher rate per bag than the original booking would've been as well.

Pete
Unlike most major airlines there isn't a bag drop, so you will have to queue for check in along with other passengers. You may still want to do internet check in, we did on our last flight even though we had pre-paid luggage to check in as we were given boarding group A.
Earlier comments were no doubt correct at the time of posting today, however further information has since been released by Easyjet about online check in for hold baggage:

Online hold bag check-in introduced by EasyJet

Online check-in for passengers with hold baggage has been introduced by EasyJet at the majority of airports it flies from.

The new service enables passengers to check in online via the airline's easyJet.com website and then take their cases to the bag drop point at airport along with their online check-in boarding card.

The airline has allowed passengers travelling with hand baggage to check in online for some time.

EasyJet will continue to offer standard check-in desk facilities at the airport.

There will be no charge for either online check-in/bag drop or the existing airport check-in process.

Online check-in for hold baggage is available at 94 of the 112 airports the carrier serves.

The remaining 18 airports will follow "over time".These are:Ajaccio, Bodrum, Casablanca, Dalaman, Dubrovnik, Dusselsdorf, Hergarda, Innsbruck, Ljubljana, Marrakech, Salzburg, Split, Sharm el Sheik, Stockholm, Tangiers, Tel Aviv and Vienna.

Chief commercial officer Dana Dunne said: "When you add the new bag drop facility to our existing 60 day advance on-line check-in capability, it makes for a great product advantage.

"Most customers with hold bags can now pre-print their boarding passes for both outward and return journeys before leaving home - and get through the airport quicker too."

With permission from Travelmole
Good news David, hopefully it will shorten the waiting time at the airports, though if their fast bag drop is anything like BA's often is it will still be quicker to go through normal check in.
Hi everyone, I have booked easyjet flights for next August to Dalaman. This is the first time I have used them so not sure what to expect. I am sure I will have lots of questions about them nearer the time but my first one is re online check in. I booked the flights through another agent A1 travel as it came out £60 cheaper to book with them than Easyjet. Can I check in online through the easyjet website or is that not possible as they did not sell me the tickets directly? Hope this doesn't sound too stupid a question. Look forward to any replies. ESM
Good news about the online check in with hold luggage. I have just checked in for my flights - both outbound and inbound to Malta in January as online check in is available up to 60 days in advance.

I agree with the comment about the so called 'fast bag drop' it isn't really what I would call 'fast'. In fact I think they have dropped the 'fast' and now just call it bag drop!!

Pippa
Bad news David!

As an online booking, checking in, hand luggage only traveller on most of my journeys I now lose the advantage of Group A boarding so it explains the changes in the eJ systems we were discussing last week.

I've never really understood the "bag drop" idea. When I flew, pre eJ & with hold luggage, with GB Airways they had online check in with a bag drop at the BA desk at Gatport Airwick. So when I got to the airport I stood in a queue, went to a check in desk, handed my usual documents over but with my preprinted boarding card, loaded my baggage on the scales then off it went down the chute & off I went through departures.

I could never see the difference between that & checking in normally. IIRC correctly they even replaced my A4 printed boarding card with the normal version.

Pete :think
Interesting idea but does online checking in give you a better chance of getting Category A boarding? If you're willing to risk it, can you arrive at the airport later than for the normal check-in process?

I have to say we're in two minds about it as we used online check-in with Virgin last year and the queues at the desks for people who had checked in online were much longer than at the desks for those who hadn't.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.