Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
perhaps we'll get some cheaper flights to goa now then!! one can only hope.
BOB :tup :tup :cheers
Flight from Delhi/Goa last mth great with Kingfisher,but by no means cheap,!!!!
more expensive than Air Deccan Spice Jet and Go Air .Will wait and see,
Ann
If anyone needs a good flight at unbelievable price then Southall travel are doing Heathrow to Goa for £314.30 in January with Kingfisher.

If you have never flown Kingfisher you are in for a treat.
The only airline to meet you outside Danbolim take your luggage to the checkin desk and refuse a tip.

Southall Travel
wow that is cheap having flown with them before i must agree with you everything you say Kingfisher is 5* they make B.A and Virgin look like Easyjet lol
:wave: sharon
Do Kingfisher have there own wesite? or do you have to book through an agent? i like to book early so will be looking next month for december 09. Any help would be much aprecieated. Gel
Now down to £270.00

wow, i will definetly have a look at this
They have their own site, but this deal is through southall travel.
This is a good deal, although it is via Mumbia. I don't fancy hanging around an airport waiting for the connection flight to Goa, especially with a child. But i suppose for any other people who don't mind an extra few hours added onto their journey it would be perfect.
Samtheboater do yo know what the luggage allowance is with kingfisher? i like to have 30kg as i like to shop. :D Many thanks Gel
My ticket says 28kg for both legs GEL :tup
Thanks gooner fan 28kg would be fine.whats the best time to book for december next year and who with, we were booked with Etihad this year but had to cancel due to last minute surgery, was hoping to book as soon as possible but would like to get best price :) are kingfisher more exspensive than the other airlines that fly to India. Many thanks in advance Gel
Usually prices are lowest about 2-3 months before you go. You can get last minute bargains on scheduled flights but you need to be very flexible.

Since the problems in Mumbai there have been heavy discounting.

Prices can change within 30 minutes so check 2 or 3 times a day.

We booked ours to Mumbai at the beginning of November from Birmingham and got flights for £319, it then cost us another £75 return from Mumbai to Goa.

We used 2 companies, southall travel http://www.southalltravel.co.uk for the flight to Mumbai then Cleartrip http://www.cleartrip.com for the Mumbai Goa leg.

Going from Birmingham is better for us as being based in the Midlands it is at least 3 hours to Heathrow.
The time from our home to Candolim will work out at about 21 hours in total even though we have 3 flights (Birmingham - Munich - Goa). If we go from Gatwick it works out as 18 hours and from Heathrow about 20 hours.

If you go for more than 3 weeks it is difficult to get a charter flight & in our experience they often work out more expensive especially if you book befor a week to go.
Thankyou samtheboater, can you book with them to goa or do you have to book to mumbai and then book yourself from there to goa? i thought i would look in january when its 11 months before and see what the prices are like, not ever used them before dont know what a good price is just before xmas.We payed £595 to mumbai for the 19th december and then £86 onto goa but that meant staying over night in mumbai, which we dont wont to do next year. we would fly from heathrow All your help is very much aprieceted Gel
In the Herald today Kingfisher have said they are slashing all their fares on Jan 1st 09!! so maybe hang on!! ;)
chilly
Thanks chilly i wont to book for December 09, i know you can only book a scheduled flight 11 months in advance so will have to wait until middle of next month,dont know if they will be cheaper then or better to wait till nearer the time, any help would be great. Gel
Last year we paid about £340 with Virgin from Heathrow, then about £60 return down to Goa with Kingfisher.
This year we booked Kingfisher from Mumbai to Goa this leaves at 05:00 and our flight gets in at 00:40, so this was good for getting down to Goa. Coming back we have Jetlite at 19:00, this means we only have 4-5 hours in Mumbai so we don't need the overnight.

We think this is probably the best when getting into Mumbai early morning.

We reckon about £400-£450 from Heathrow to Goa is about average.

Usually only Indain Airways, Jet & now Kingfisher will book you all the way through.

We find Southall are almost always cheaper than the airlines own site for flights from UK to India.

The Mumbai to Goa flights usually can only be booked about 3 months in advance especially with the low cost airlines. We usually book too Mumbai then wait and book the internal flights.
Thankyou samtheboater i will keep checking southalltravel until i find a good flight, if your saying £450 at xmas time that would be much cheaper than i was exspecting, many thanks for all your help, Gel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.