Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi

Also flying Thomas Cook to Vegas but not until October. we have flown on same type of aircraft before, right at the back where the three seats go down to two and they have been great. Flew bmi Man to Las on very rear seats and it was good. Also flew Heathrow to Phoenix on BA 747 at rear where only two seats and got great service from the very friendly cabin crew on a fight that got diverted to Baffin Island and landed on ice at Iquialuit for 4 hours, then diverted to Detroit for an unscheduled overnight stay before arriving in Phoenix 25 hours late (This was 2005). But cabin crew at back af plane were great.

Would always take those back seats.
Hi

I am flying to Gran canaria on 22nd Nov with thomas cook from east midlands on tcx527k
Do you know what type of aircraft it will be?

Thanks

Nigel
wilkini123,

EMA-LPA-EMA (TCX527k/L) are normally operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
thanks for your quick response.

I am also going to larnaca from birmungham on 9th june, after reading other messages is it right that i will not get any entertainment?
i have not heard anything about this
can you let me know whats happening?
Thanks
@ Malchester

Thanks for the reply, can you confirm if the armrests do in fact go up or are thet fixed into place?

@ Dazbo

Been on Thomas Cook at Manchester Airport this morning and they have told us that the seats (41A &41BB) fully recline and the armrest go up. They said that the seats we're on aren't actually the back ones and that there are two rows behind us that they dont sell or advertise as they're for medical emergencies/people with disabilities. Does this sound right? To be fair to the girrl I spoke to she was very helpful, running downstairs to someone who had the plane seating plan on a screen and told her three times the information above. I'm just dubious of that fact, due to seeing diagrams etc online of the plane, and clearly shows row 41 to be the very back just before the toilets.

Regards,

Tiny.
wilkini123

Your flights are on narrow bodied aircraft so there won't be any inflight entertainment. Thos Cooks stopped the IFE on May 1st on their narrow bodied planes. They still have it on their wide bodied planes.
Hi

Never travelled on this plane with Thomas Cook before but cannot remember whether bmi arm rests were able to be raised or not. I just remember there being a feeling of more space around you
@ Malchester

Thanks for the reply, can you confirm if the armrests do in fact go up or are thet fixed into place?

@ Dazbo

Been on Thomas Cook at Manchester Airport this morning and they have told us that the seats (41A &41BB) fully recline and the armrest go up. They said that the seats we're on aren't actually the back ones and that there are two rows behind us that they dont sell or advertise as they're for medical emergencies/people with disabilities. Does this sound right? To be fair to the girrl I spoke to she was very helpful, running downstairs to someone who had the plane seating plan on a screen and told her three times the information above. I'm just dubious of that fact, due to seeing diagrams etc online of the plane, and clearly shows row 41 to be the very back just before the toilets.

Regards,

Tiny.

ButterChickenGirl wrote:
RE armrests...
due to the leather seats, armrests do not lift up, as the leather will get ruined very quickly.
Only 2 rows on the aircraft have moveable armrests, 12 and 13 i think, and these are used for passengers with limited mobility.

Butterchicken replied to this. And she is right.

To be fair, it is very unlikely a TCX check in agent would know this at all! It is only those "in the know" who can answer
Due to the design of the seat and the new leather, the arm rests cannot physically go up and store between the seat backs anymore.
Hi all

I'm due to fly to Orlando Sanford from Glasgow on 2nd July on TCX092K / L. Been informed it's an A330, but with 29" seat pitch and no seat back TV's. Not overly bothered about this but can you confirm if that is the case?
I would also like to reserve seats in advance. Travelling with wife & 2 kids (12 & 8) and was thinking of booking seats at rear of plane where they go down to 2 at window. Any advice on whether or not this would be a good idea would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Derbeth Red,

Welcome onboard :tup
If TCX have informed you of the change, then it's correct. Seating is always personal preference. Were you thinking of having the kids on the row infront of you or sitting with one each? The trouble if they have the row infront is you can't keep an eye on them as well as you can if you have 3 + 1.

Darren
Thanks Darren

We normally sit one adult one child next to each other, so not too bothered about keeping an eye.

The seat plan diagram makes these seats look slightly more spacious, though appreciate this might not be the case in reality. Just wondered if you had any experience.

Thanks again
Derbeth Red,

Seat pitch on the pairs of seats is the same other than the first row that has a minor amount of increased seat pitch as the outer seats are set at a slight angle to account for the slight 'bend' in the fuselage as it starts to narrow. It's not much though, they aren't extra legroom seats.

Darren
If you are on the a330 with 29" seat pitch it is 2-4-2 so 2s are throughout the plane.

It is 3-3-3 in the front cabin, rows 1-11.

The seats in these rows have approx 32" seat pitch, more than the rest of the plane.

Actually the rest of the plane is more like 30" and is better then standard short haul seat pitch
Re arm rests lifting up.

I sincerely hope that the ones between the seats do actually move even if 3/4 of the way up. One for that tad more space and if you've got young children we used to lift the middle arm rests up so they could put their heads on your knee and fall asleep.

Its bad enough that the aisle arm rests dont move so you cant sit sideways a bit.

Could some people who have just come back off their hols post on here about their flight we've not had any for a while. When we go in july i'll definitely post our experiences.

I have also found out what flight time we're on its the 16.45 TCX377K as it got changed, and for the first time ever ever have pre booked my seats which goes completely against my principles but my daughter was feeling a bit insecure as her sister isnt flying out till a few days later so was worried we got split up etc despite me saying we'll get to the airport early etc.

So have picked row 3 a,b,c. Daughters suggestion as its nearer the front so may board first, also get off a bit quicker and if your right handed and like doodling and drawing your right arm wont keep hitting the wall suppose that makes sense. And she doesnt like sitting over the wings. Me i reckon all seats are as bad as each other.

Also we've soorted the lack of IFE, older daughters got a netbook laptop so we'll download some films and games and get earphone splitters so we can all watch a a film etc hopefully.

Bev
armrests on short haul planes lift up, we are talking about a330s
Phew ta Mike, the threads do get confused somewhat though.

But I understand Tinys concerns i'd have them myself

bev
Hi

I have booked flights with thomas cook for next week, but we have gone to book our seats on the plane and there are none left available to book... What does this mean, and will we still be able to fly?!
Hi I am hoping someone can help me.

I picked up my tickets today and noticed that although it is showing the plane as an a330 (354 seats) that the lay out is different to what is showing when selecting seat numbers online. I booked seats 38a & b as one of the set of two seats at the back. However the seating plan included with my travel documents are showing these seats as a set of three with the set of two seats starting from row 39. I tried calling thomascook airllines but was unable to get through, however I have checked on the thomas cook site and it is still showing row 38 as a set of two seats. As a result I am not sure if the seating plan with my tickets is incorrect or if it is showing the incorrect seating plan online?

We are flying to varadero from gatwick for 2 weeks on the 21st June flights TCX42K returning TCX42L.

Thanks T.
tm319,

The online seating plan will be correct. It's not uncommon for ticket booklets to show the wrong seating plan.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.