Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hello,
Any news on if the Terminal 1 airside smoking area will be ready for August?
Thanks
Z.J.C
z.j.c,

I've not heard any update so I assume not.

Darren
Darren,
Thanks for the info about smoking lounge going to have some disappointed members of our group.
Booked into the lounge above last month for August, looks fantastic. I will post my review and pictures on here when I get back from my holidays.
Looks like one hell of a good lounge.

Z.J.C
Do you know if ESCAPE Lounge T1 will have good aviation area veiwing?
I am taking someone with limited mobility to catch a flight from Terminal 1. They have booked assistance but I would like to ensure that everything is ok before I leave them. I cannot imagine I would be allowed sufficient time in the Drop-off area, so can somone suggest the best Short Stay Parking which will give convenient access to Departures i.e. minimum walking.
Thanks
wasginge,

Just follow the signs for departures and go up the ramp towards T1. Once you get to the top, the left lane is the drop off lane and right hand lane is for the short stay car park. That's your best area as it's the closest to check-in. It's generally busy though so you may have to look around for a space or go up a level or two.

Darren
Thanks, Darren
You seem to have the answers on all the forums :D
Hi
Just read on TA that Manchester Terminal 1 now have a smoking area in departures by the viewing window, go up the stairs and it's signposted smoking area.
Can anyone verify this please?
Sunaddict,

It wasn't there the other week when I was in there. It may have opened since for the Summer season as they've been promising it for a while.

Darren
Thanks Darren. :cheers I'm not a smoker but one of my travelling friends is.
There is definately a smoking area in T1

Returned home yesterday................it's up the steps to the eating area and from then on its signposted, it's a covered area overlooking the airport hotel.
I am curious, I am not a smoker, but what can you see from the smokers area, more for taking photos
joeseptuk,

If it's where I think it is, it's not a good position for photos as it's at the oposite side of the terminal and doesn't overlook the apron / aircraft. You can't have a smoking area outside overlooking the apron where fuel and fuel vapours are. Imagine what would happen if someone discarded a cigarette when an aircraft was being refuelled. That's why the smoking area at T2 is at gate 300C as it's adjacent to an airside road not overlooking the apron.

Darren
looks like my guardian angel has been working overtime....thank you....happy start to our hols now...no grumpy hubby moaning cause he needs a fag....tweetie
Hiya, is it true the prices for entry into the aviation viewing park have changed to an hourly rate from price per adult/child? if so is it £10 for over 3 hours?
thanks.
Think its £12 now for over 3 hours. Used to go couple of times a year take a picnic and make a day of it. Bit too expensive to be doing that now :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.