Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
if you go on their website you can retrieve your booking info, they changed out flight from morning to tea time to poland end of may
Last November I booked flights with Wizzair to Ljubljana for April. I have just found out they have cancelled flights to that city from the beginning of February. I will be getting a full refund and have managed to rebook with Easy Jet, but it is still a lot of hassle.

It means changing from Luton to Stansted and informing the airport pick-up at Ljubljana of the changes. The most serious problem is that I have already booked my parking at Luton long-term car park. I will be ringing NCP tomorrow in the hopes I can get a refund of my £40.

UPDATE.

I have managed to get £35 of my £40 back from NCP.
I don't what's happening with Wizzair and their flights to Ljubljana . Up till a couple of days ago their website said the last flight was yesterday. I have just looked on their website and they are now showing flights till the end of March. How can you make advance bookings if they keep mucking about like this ?
Wizz goes to Warsaw

Wizz Air will start flights from Doncaster Sheffield Airport to Warsaw on April 1.

The new route will operate three times a week year-round and joins existing Wizz Air services from Doncaster Sheffield to Katowice/Kracow, Gdansk, Poznan and Wroclaw.

Tickets are on sale and start at £16.99 one way, all inclusive.

With permission from Travelmole
My first flights with Wizzair,

In January Wizzair were having a 1p (plus taxes and chages) flight sale so I booked a weekend for late March Liverpool - Bucharest - Liverpool the total cost was £35.32, about two weeks later I received a call from them saying that they were cancelling the route and I had a choice of a full refund or a voucher for 120 per cent of what I had paid to be used towards the cost of alternative flights within 6 months or a free transfer onto any other Wizzair flights within 3 months. The cancellation caused me no problems as the trip was purely for sightseeing and no arrangements for airport parking, accommodation etc had been made so I suggested they give me the opportunity to browse their website for alternative flights and I would call them back, they readily agreed.

I checked their destination map and chose what looked like the longest route they flew from the UK which was Luton - Bourgas, I considered what dates to choose within 3 months of the end of March and realised there would be 2 Bank Holiday weekends in May so I checked flight availability and prices for these weekends. The then current price for return flights over the Spring Bank holiday weekend was over £300 so I called them and asked to be transferred to these flights, they readilly agreed and said I would soon receive email confirmation of my change of itineray. The email confirmation never arrived but by logging into their website with my original confirmation code I was able to download and print the new flight details.

Checking in at Luton I gave my confirmation code and passport and was handed my boarding pass with no fuss, although I thought my hand luggage may be a little oversised. Checking in at Bourgas I offered my confirmation code and they said "no thanks just your passport please", I handed over my passport and was given my boarding pass with no fuss even though my hand luggage was by now somewhat larger.

I would like to say a big THANKYOU to Wizzair for following their terms and conditions as stated on their website to the letter, I still can't believe I got to the black sea coast for £35 return.

Minor niggles had I paid full fare all relate to the return flight, the 15 minute delay, the broken armrests on the plane, no inflight announcements that I heard relating to ETA, weather conditions upon arrival etc.

Cabin crew on both flights were pleasant, friendly and helpfull.

An absolute bargain.
Andy,
Thanks for that report - judging by what you say and also the lack of complaints on this forum, it looks like they may be a good alternative to the UK carriers when planning eastern European trips.

Cheers,
Jet
Tip pay for extra leg room seats not expensive there are 12 seat reserved at exits so no rush to board also you get priority boarding included I paid £7.00 return on last trip worth every penny.
Hi, I have been flying with Wizzair 17 times and I'd like to share my experiences with You.
I've been flying mostly on routes Luton - Warsaw and Prestwick - Warsaw.
During all 17 flights I've had maybe only once or twice a delay not longer than 1 hour.
They are using new Airbuses A320, never had any problem with them.
Once, my flight has been cancelled. I was suposed to fly from Warsaw to Gotheborg with Wizzair and then catch the flight from Goteborg to Prestwick by Ryanair (Direct flight WAW-PIK was too expensive). 4 days befor departure I've got a call from Wizzair offering me monay back, change date of flight or a "free" ticket to other destination. I've obvoiusly decided to take the direct flight WAW-PIK.
I must say, I'm very pleased with theit service!!
Have a good flights!
Michal
i am looking at going from luton to sofia with wizz air and have a few questions as i usually opt for speedy/priority boarding.
do they use busses at either luton or sofia.
if i pay for an extra legroom seat i assume that i dont need to pay for speedy boarding as well.
if i pay for speedy boarding only do i get on before the families with young kids (i think i do, but want to make sure)
If you pay for extra legroom seats there are 12 at the exits in the centre of the plane over the wings and they are reserved and you get priorty boarding.
I found them very good seats.
New flight from Yorkshire to Lithuania

Wizz Air will launch flights from Doncaster Sheffield Airport to Vilnius in Lithuania next April.

The twice weekly service will operate on Wednesdays and Sundays departing from Doncaster at 20.25 and arriving in Vilnius at 00:55.

Aviation sales director Nick Smillie said: "We are pleased to announce that Yorkshire's first service to the Baltic States will be flying from Doncaster.

"This new route will bring a further 30,000 passengers a year through the doors at Doncaster Sheffield Airport."

Vilnius will be the sixth Wizz Air destination from the airport, It's second largest UK base.

"We expect this additional route to increase Wizz Air's total passenger numbers from the airport to 230,000 a year," added Smillie.

Wizz Air also flies from Doncaster to Katowice, Gdansk, Poznan, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland.

Flights to Vilnius start on April 17.

With permission from Travelmole
arriving in Vilnius at 00:55
- well that's going to be popular, isn't it!! Too late to do anything, too early to not need to pay for a hotel.
Does anyone have any recent reviews of Wizz Air? We plan on flying with them from Kiev - Valencia in October, A bit of a different holiday we fly BA from Manchester - Heathrow - Kiev. Then we want to continue to Spain for the second week of our holiday.
Any information would be great.

Thanks.

Alan
Has anyone flown with Wizz Air recently? Thinking of switching to them for our Sept trip to Prague as BmiBaby have cancelled our original flights.
Just seen this post i used Wizz air Warsaw to Doncaster on 28th March no complaints nothing fancy but left on time and landed 10mins early.
Wizz Air is to start charging for hand luggage over a certain size

http://wizzair.com/en-GB/useful_information/baggage/

luci :wave
luci HT Mod wrote:
Wizz Air is to start charging for hand luggage over a certain size

http://wizzair.com/en-GB/useful_information/baggage/

luci :wave

Any bets on how long it will take Ryanair to do the same thing??? :rofl
Any bets on how long it will take Ryanair to do the same thing

too late they already do
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
Any bets on how long it will take Ryanair to do the same thing

too late they already do

Not as far as I know they don't - you can take one piece of hand baggage - 55x40x20 weighing 10kgs max as part of fare?? :que Any bigger goes in the hold at cost.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.