Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
littlebw,

The aircraft operating your flight operates to Sanford (TCX224/5) or Varadero (TCX352/3). Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
HELP Hi there - can anyone please advise the correct departure time for Flight no: TCX172 Gatwick to Sanford - tomorrow (6th August)? Our tickets state 10:23am (as per when we booked), however looking at the Gatwick website it looks like the flight departs at 12:00 - we have not been informed that the departure flight time has been changed.
Thanks M
Molly
Airport timetables are not the most reliable of things. If flight times change after tickets are despatched, the airline/tour operator would notify you.
Thank you - just spoke with our travel agent who confirmed that we are still on the 10:25am flight - phew! Not that I am a worrier or anything........... :D
Would like to know where the T/C flight TCX2538 Manchester to Antalya is prior to this flight.
Today it has a 6 hr delay, just hope this is a one off :(
Many thanks netty.
It should be a one-off, an aircraft is stuck in Dalaman after ingesting a bird through an engine causing this delay.
Thanks for that Flyboy, just hope the aircraft isn't so hungry when we fly in a few weeks :)
netty.
Flyboy still a bit worried, the flight you were refering to ( I think) was TCX 2823 Dalaman to Manchester.
This flight was also around 6 hrs late, but is this the plane that then flies onto Antalya, the times don't seem to add up. Looking at todays flights T/C didn't do very well getting their planes off on time !!
Thanks netty
Hi Netty,i was thinking the same thing about the delays on Thomas cook flights yesterday out of Manchester we have been changed onto Thomas Cook from Thomson airways really not happy about it the flight we will be on (TCX2562/3 Manchester) to/from Sharm is showing 2hrs plus late arriving back into Manchester,they need to get thier act in order or there should be more resignations in the Group far too many excuses for bad service in the charter flight sector.
Hi

I am flying with Thomas Cook on 29th August to Punta Cana in Dominican Republic from Gatwick, my flight number is TCX216, can you tell me what type of plane this is likely to be and what the seat pitch is? Thanks
susiey,

Your flights, LGW-PUJ-LGW (TCX216/7) are operated by Airbus A330-200. Seat pitch is 33". You'll find extensive aircraft information including seat plans and photos on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
qatarman wrote:
Hi Netty,i was thinking the same thing about the delays on Thomas cook flights yesterday out of Manchester we have been changed onto Thomas Cook from Thomson airways really not happy about it the flight we will be on (TCX2562/3 Manchester) to/from Sharm is showing 2hrs plus late arriving back into Manchester,they need to get thier act in order or there should be more resignations in the Group far too many excuses for bad service in the charter flight sector.

They need to get their act together? :que

If an a/c goes out of service due the above bird strike for example, you have to then juggle your other a/c to minimise delays, swapping them around onto flights (differing a/c types restrict this a bit). you cannot magically suddenly have all flights then go on time at peak busy Summer period, unless you have spare planes sitting around spare(which cost a lot of money to do but TCX do have one spare 757 on most days).
Perhaps this explains a bit........
MikeBravo.
I think it was 10 flight delays from Manchester on Saturday by TCX and if TCX had or have 1 aircraft down bring in the spare,some delays were over 6 hrs.When people pay good money to go on holiday they dont want to be sitting in Manchester or any other airport for hours on end and it seems the airlines can always make good excuses as to why that is of course if you can find anyone from the Airline/Tour Company as they seem to go invisible during these delays. So how many TCX aircraft went tec last week.
I have just checked for this AM out of Manchester and out of 6 only the long haul left on time average for the others 1.5hrs late?.
After all this talk of Thomas Cook/profits/aircraft/seats ect..I'm still a little confused ?

Will Thomas Cook still have aircraft flying long haul planes next summer to places like Mexico ? (July) If so, will they still have 33 inches in between seating in the economy section of the aircraft ?

:que

Rotterdam.
I think that's the million dollar question rotterdam! Long haul yes, seat pitch not sure yet!
Oh I see.

Surely potential holidaymakers will need to know about these things before they book wont they ? Plus,if Thomas Cook dont offer the legroom say Thomson do on a long haul flights,wont everyone want to fly with Thomson, or the airline with the most legroom ???

This is all a bit confusing ?

Rotterdam.
When people pay good money to go on holiday they dont want to be sitting in Manchester or any other airport for hours on end

But do they want to pay the higher prices that will be inevitable if TC (or any other airline for that matter) have to keep spare aircraft 'just in case' sitting in Manchester or any other airport for hours or even days on end doing nothing to earn to their keep?

The reality is that once one flight is delayed, for whatever reason, there will be knock effects to the rest of the schedules because aircraft utilisation patterns are designed to keep them in the air and earning money as much as possible and on the ground for as little as possible.

SM
qatarman wrote:
MikeBravo.
I think it was 10 flight delays from Manchester on Saturday by TCX and if TCX had or have 1 aircraft down bring in the spare,some delays were over 6 hrs.When people pay good money to go on holiday they dont want to be sitting in Manchester or any other airport for hours on end and it seems the airlines can always make good excuses as to why that is of course if you can find anyone from the Airline/Tour Company as they seem to go invisible during these delays. So how many TCX aircraft went tec last week.
I have just checked for this AM out of Manchester and out of 6 only the long haul left on time average for the others 1.5hrs late?.

believe it or not.....another bird strike to a 767 in dalaman was the main cause of delays on Sat out of MAN, these hold 326 passengers and there is no spare plane sitting with that many seats. The flights scheduled to go on the 3 x 767s that day, (approx 9 flights) had to be swapped around, with 2 of the flights being split onto 757s in the fleet, this also then casuing further disruption, but all in the name of getting all passengers out ASAP.

As for today, Swanwick ATC system crashed at 0700 this morning causing widespread disruption to all UK airports and airlines (not just TCX) so this explains that.
also another 767 in MAN is in need of an engine change due technical issues again causing disruption with sub charters paid for by TCX and again splitting flights onto smaller planes, also using an a330 tonight

all this bad luck will hopefully have gone by the time you go ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.