Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I was just wondering about speedy booking. I know that if you have speedy booking then you get to board the plane first, which I'm sure will be fine at Gatwick on the way out but what about on the way back from Bodrum. Would they board people in any order from there? Normally everyone just rushes up to the door to get on the buses when the gate is opened for other airlines so I can't quite see how they would do it. has anyone any experience of this at bodrum or any other airport like Bodrum?

Kedi
Can't say for Bodrum but with Easyjet out of Gerona they had 2 queue's 1 for us speedy boarders and another for the others.
Kedi,
Just taken this from the easyJet website :

Post edited for copyright reasons. Please feel free to post a weblink instead to any info of relevance.
David HT Mod

I think you will still get speedy boarding there like Glynis mentions 2 queues but with you being bussed it may be hit and miss.
Ok thenks, we will just see what happens then.
Ah that could be the difference then as we all walked to the plane in Gerona. "Single file to the plane please no overtaking by the non speedy boarders" :rofl
Was going to book flights last night to fuerteventura from liverpool, I couldnt find my credit card, when I went to book it this morning the flights has gone up over £200 for 3 pax, is this normal ?????
That's the way the low cost market works, fares fluctuate like share prices based on demand and availablity.

It has been suggested in the past that if you delete your cookies and try again their system might not know of your previous interest and will treat you as a new enquiry and offer low prices.
hey bluemoon i did the same as you only for lanzarote, on friday there flights where £150 at christmas they are now 2 days later an extra £100 each but still cheap considering every other airline wants at least £350-400 per flight for the same dates.

just wished i had booked friday when i first looked. :(
Sigh ......................

EZY 8532 BSL-LGW has gone techie again (twice at least in just over 2 weeks). One holiday up the creek - originally I thought a MCI of 4 hours would do, but NO. :que

There's nothing to claim, and the coffee and pastry offered has the bitter taste of disappointment.
Easyjet to launch Israel flights

EasyJet plans to expand to Israel this winter with the launch of a new six times weekly service between London Luton and Tel Aviv.

It will be the first low-cost airline to operate between London and Tel Aviv.

Starting on November 2, flights will operate every day except Fridays.

With prices from £71.98 one way, the airline claimed the fare is half that of traditional airlines operating on the route.

In addition, the airline will further expand its operations in Morocco with a new twice weekly service between London Gatwick and Agadir on November 3.

Flights will operate on Wednesdays and Sundays with one-way inclusive fares from £34.90.

With permission from Travelmole
Reading easyjets baggage conditions it says.Passengers are allowed 20kgs hold baggage each.
Myself and my wife have paid for 2 hold bags.In addition it says our weight allowance can be spread over 8 hold bags.As I might have to take an additional item of hold baggage other than what was booked at initial booking.Am I right in assuming, if I turn up at the airport and the total of the three items does not exceed 40kgs I wont have to pay any extra?
No you're not!

Scroll back a few pages and it's all explained with a link to the easyjet page which explains it in plain English not lawyer-speak.
You will be charged for handling the extra bag and I think they charge more at checkin than if you prebook it.
Normally everyone just rushes up to the door to get on the buses when the gate is opened for other airlines so I can't quite see how they would do it. has anyone any experience of this at bodrum or any other airport like Bodrum?
I have only just found this site, so apologies if this information is a bit late!

I fly 3-4 times a year with eJ out of Heraklion which uses buses to/from the planes. They have always bussed the Speedy Boarders & Special Assistance passengers out before group A. When there were only a few SB/SA's the A's were taken out on the same bus but held back until the SB/SA's had climbed up the loading steps.

For anyone who wonders how Speedy Boarding can be justified with a bus, if you look at the eJ website it says
http://easyjet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easyjet.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=456&p_created=1163065842&p_sid=mvM_WxDj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzEsMzEmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXNwZWVkeSBib2FyZGluZw**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Hope that helps.
Pete
  • Edited by David 2009-07-23 10:14:09
    Post edited for copyright reasons. Weblink inserted to replace quoted text.
EasyJet releases seats earlier

EasyJet is changing the way in which it releases its seats for the coming seasons, making it possible to book earlier.

The airline today released its schedules for Spring 2010 from its bases across the UK regions, which means it is now possible to book flights from Belfast, Bristol, East Midlands, Liverpool and Newcastle up to the end of June 2010.

Flights from London and Scotland will go on sale within the next few weeks.

Seats for Summer 2010 are expected to go on sale next month.

Previously the airline launched its schedules in two six month blocks, winter and summer timetables.

It says the new process will enable passengers to better plan ahead and take advantage for the airline's fantastic lowest fares.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi David, I noticed this yesterday also and booked my easter flights, but I also noticed on some flights particularly in April the speedy boarding part was blocked out it looks as though you have to go back in to manage bookings and then change to SB .they are trying to get people to subscribe to EasyJet Plus which is automatic for SB and SB PLUS.On another note with booking so far in advance you are supposed to get the cheapest price as the fares go up as time progresses, just lately I have caught them out several times by checking on a regular basis the prices, so I challenged them on their price protection promise and was told "congratulations you are quite right" and I finished up with £240.00 worth of credits against future flights !!!
do people recommend the speedy booking ? or does it not really make that much difference?
catslovelycats,

You'll find lots of opinions on this thread. If you aren't bothered where you sit and are happy to take whatever seats are left, then speed boarding isn't a must. If you are travelling as a group or want to specific seat, then it's a useful addition.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.