Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Could someone please tell me if all Easyjet summer2010 flights will be released at the same time?.
I am assuming that they havn't yet been announced.

Thanks in advance
Depending on the airport, Easy Jet release their summer dates in waves, from memory Manchester starts and finishes with Gatwick. commencing at the end of December. But things have changed a bit and I don't think that anyone can be really sure.
they have changed their format all winter 2009/summer 2010 are now available for booking including east midlands which they say they are not flying from after 2009,how can they take money for this ??? see their website under latest news
I've had a look at the recent news article on the Easy Jet web site.
It refers to spring 2010 flights being on sale, but not summer flights. It also indicates (on 22 July) that sales for summer 2010 will go on sale next month(August). But as far as i can see they havn't been released yet?
it depends on how you define summer; you can book up to end of june 2010. still seems unethical to me that they will still take money off you for these dates from east midlands airport when they are not flying from there after december 31st 2009 !!!.
2009 summer flights went on sale last year in December I think?
Ive just asked them when July 2010 will be on sale and they said by xmas but not sure exactly when to keep checking.

Now for my Q :
When easyjet release prices are they always at there cheapest?
Im wanting flights to lanzarote in July 2010 and have 2 prices at the minute with Jet2 and Monarch for a family of 4 with Bags coming out at around £900 and £1000 i dont know if i should wait for the easyjet prices? but then i risk those prices increasing if i wait until december.
Any opinions on this?
Ive looked at the June easyjet prices and i could book us all for about £500 but im thinking its a bit much to hope they would do that in July.
Vickie, last year the flights from Gatwick were released on 5th December.

We were in a similar predicament, unsure what Easyjet's release prices for Dalaman would be. On the day the flights were released at 12.00, I spent ages just refreshing the page until the system allowed summer bookings and booked within 5 minutes of them being released and even then the price rose by £10/person before I could finish the card payment section. By the evening our flights had almost doubled in price. If you can be around to book as soon as they are released you can get a bargain but it is a gamble. If you are happy with the price of the Jet2/Monarch, I would be tempted to book now before they rise too.

I have always found that Easyjet's prices are at their cheapest when they are first released. The flight prices rise as more people make bookings. I booked 5 one way seats with Easyjet yesterday for April and did it in two bookings - the first 3 seats were £32 each which I was thrilled with but on the second booking the seats were now £48 each.
EASYJet API(Advanced Passenger Information)

I made two booking with EASyJet in Feb 09, one booking is for two people including myself and the other is for a friend flying on the same day from a different UK airport.

I entered the API for one booking in July and the API for the other when the friend had renewed his passport.

However, last Saturday I received one email for the first booking reminding me to add API info. I did not receive an email for the second booking, not in spam folder and friend who flight is for got no emails either.

I am concerned to get reminder when have already provided info but find it strange I only got reminder for one booking. I have been into the booking to check and both bookings have all the API saved online. The yellow warning boz with red text reminding you that info is needed has disappeared as well.

Does anyone know if these emails are automated and should be sent for every booking, regardless of whether info has yet been provided. Tried help section on their website but cant find any info about reminder emails. Tried to go through form to email them and it is asking me to register as new member when already registered and their 0905 customer service number states it is only for bookings, cancellations and car hire.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
From memory I think you can go into the "my booking" section of Easy Jet web site - enter your booking ref numbers and from there see if you can check that the API has been entered. As you seem to have done this and information is there I should think all is well. This API stuff is a blooming Pain!

Nivsy
Thanks, it is a pain!

Might print off the page showing it is all entered for the airport just in case.
I have always found that Easyjet's prices are at their cheapest when they are first released. The flight prices rise as more people make bookings.
Indeed that is the case & as far as I know always has been.

This isn't meant personally to anyone, so please don't take offence, but I'm surprised that in the 24 years eJ have been flying there's a soul in the universe that doesn't know it's book early for the cheapest seats.

You're right cazzholly, I only booked my April 2009 flights on 8th Dec 2008, which was pretty well as soon as they came out but was able to book April 2010 flights on 16th Aug 2009. As I was sort of sharp this year our returns for 2 to Crete are £60 cheaper for April 2010 than I paid for pretty well the same dates in 2009. However in the month since I've booked they've only gone up £20 overall, so I suspect many either don't know they are out or are waiting due to personal circumstances. I think the general concensus is that the July 2010 flights will be out pretty soon, despite eJ's announcement in July that they expected to release them in August.

This is the obviously exact opposite of charters who will only sell spare seats (generally) with knock down prices at the very last minute just to raise what they can. Obviously the charter market has been hit by a reduction in capacity so there are fewer bargains to be had.

Again on what I assumed was common knowledge, I was amazed talking to someone at work the other day that they didn't know eJ & Ryanair were unallocated seating. My gast had never been so flabbered.
Hooly i did know that they are cheapest when released and increase the more bookings are made but i guess i just wanted it confirming lol.

So in your experience, would you book flights for a family of 4 at around 900-1000 return or wait for the easyjet flights (knowing in the mean time these others will increase)
Any idea what sort of prices they normal release canaries at?
vicky, that's why I tried to be careful with what I said. :)

Sorry I head Crete & Greece way so really can't comment on the Canaries. I always book my flights as soon as I can after they come out & even with Crete being 4 hours the most I've ever paid either with eJ or GB before them is the £320 for our 2 returns last Easter, which I still don't consider too bad. Next April I've paid £260 but eJ don't fly daily until the end of that month so they get slightly inflated.

When they fly every day I pay £65-£75 each for our return flights out late June/back early July & again late Sept/early Oct booking well in advance. But looking at the outbound June 2010 flights they are already in the £80-90 mark so I'm going to blow more than my normal return on the outbound if I go on the usual dates. I see some of the Canary flights at the same time are anywhere between £50 & £90 & to be fair eJ are normally consistent in where they pitch the opening fares, which I assume is about £40.

I could've, & probably should've booked June 2010 outbound at the same time as April & relied on getting in early for the July dates I wanted, especially as I'm out there for the next couple of weeks out of internet contact, but as an accountant I'm always a bit prudent. If they release July onwards before the end of September I'll miss out on the real cheapies both ways because of that tactical error.

I wished I could be more help & I know what I'd do if it was the same to Crete. However it'd be wrong of me to comment & it really relies on how flexible you can be with dates & how keenly you check the sites for updates. Personally I'd................... ;)
Sorry I can't be more help.
Pete
Vicky, I usually find that Jet2 are cheaper than Easyjet so on that basis I would most probably go with the price you have now. Throw in the allocated seats and better luggage allowance I feel that you get more for your money with Jet2.
Thanks both, it seems i might need to fly on a fri now as we are quite limited with hubbies dates so on that basis i might have to book with Monarch, not used them before but i guess they are good.
I know what you mean about allocated seats etc, i wasnt too bad last time i did EJ as i have a young child i got priority boarding!
Vicky Easy Jet don`t give priority boarding to families anymore, it`s priority first (pay for) then in the order you check in next.So the earlier you check in the quicker you board the aircraft.
Wouldn't bother me as I don't have children, but their website still shows that people with children under 5 can board with the SA group i.e. after the speedy boarders & it was certainly like that last time I flew a few weeks ago.

I would presume that by "young child" vicky doesn't mean a yoof with a hoodie. :)
Easyjet's boarding order is:
Speedy Boarders (extra cost)
Special Assistance - for disabled passengers/passengers with special needs
Passengers with children under 5
Group A (first passengers checked in and not in the above groups)
Group B -

I have always found this to be adhered to in UK airports but the boarding at overseas airports can vary.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.