Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
I don't think you'll be seeing G-OOBK for a while, unless its from the windows of BRS airport departure lounge... :(

Oh dear!
Getting nervous that we might not get Premium on the flight on Thu now!!! I hope they consider Cancun the longest route (?) and don't give us a Thom short-mid haul config!!
I've done a little bit of digging about regarding G-OOBK and found this....

Copyright protected material removed

Could be out of action for some time then...or maybe a write-off?

Sorry, but your post had to be edited due to copyright infringement
David HT Mod
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
I don't think you'll be seeing G-OOBK for a while, unless its from the windows of BRS airport departure lounge...

The latest information I have with regards to G-OOBK and it's hard landing at Bristol on 3rd October 2010, is that it had a (rumoured) 2.4G landing while operating TOM519 from Cancun. 2.4G, if that is the case, is quite an impact and not too dissimilar to what happened to G-SJMC (My Travel B763) when it was leased to Skyservice and suffered a similar hard landing in the Domincan Republic (Punta Cana) in 2005. Creases have been found in the crown of the fuselage. I'm no aero-engineer, but this suggests damage to the airframe so could be a rather expensive and timely repair, if it's deamed economically viable. This is the second time this type of incident has occurred to this airframe having also suffered from a hard landing when operating for it's previous owner, Vietnam Airlines in September 2000. Any further information I get, I'll pass it on.

Darren
Hi Darren,

If you can, could you let me know what positions into Newcastle to operate TOM348 NCL-CUN tomorrow. Not that we are on that flight, but we do go TOM 676 NCL-PUJ on Thursday.

Due to the Bristol incident I think I see G-OBYG on a long haul. As I suppose there is a chance it may be this aircraft, is it still in the 33" seat config?

thanks in advance.

Mal.
Hope you can help I am flying LGW to Punta Cana with Thomson on Flight TOM070 and wondered what type of aircraft this will be.

Thanks
humanist,

I'll not know what's operating the Cancun flight until tomorrow. Only G-OBYJ of the ex-Thomsonfly fleet (blue livery) is in the long haul configuration. All others are in the short haul. This will change at the end of the summer season when more aircraft will be assigned to long haul routes.

Darren
Chrisshepherd,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-PUJ-LGW (TOM070/1) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Darren,
Do you know which frame did TOM30 to MBJ today please?
Thanks.
we are looking at going to cape verde - can you help with which aircraft are being used please?

either TOM892 25th OCT from Manchester TO Boa Vista returning 12TH NOV on TOM217
or
TOM556 3rd Nov from Manchester to Sal returning 17th Nov on TOM557

We are told that boa vista can only take tiny planes and it has to be a 737 which is the old First Choice one. I am a frightened flyer and am also told that Boa Visa is the smallest runway ever and quite a scary landing and takeoff?? I am better on the bigger planes as you feel less movement. Can you help with what aircraft are being used for both of the above return flights and what the runway/landing/takeoffs are like in boa vista - Is it better going to SAL??
Any help would be greatly appreeciated!
regards
jilly
rhodgreen wrote:
Do you know which frame did TOM30 to MBJ today please?

G-DBLA.

Darren
jilly831,

MAN-BVC-MAN (TOM892/917 / TOM556/7) are normally operated by a Boeing 757-200. This is a mid sized aircraft. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The aircraft and runway (at 2,200m long) are more than capable of getting you there are back safely so there's nothing to worry about other than having a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
Hi, Can any one tell me the airframe opperating TOM 188 today manchester to Male, and where this comes from and so i can see for any delays as i know there are a few tech Aircraft.

Thanks

Rob
rob100185,

The aircraft operating your flight should be G-OOAN. The aircraft positions in from East Midlands airport after operating to/from Cancun (TOM866/7). It departs EMA at 0930 arriving in MAN at 1010.

Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
PANICK!!
I was previously told that our flight tomorrow (TOM92 LGW>CUN) would use the incoming TOM83 from Varadero - I really hope your wrong!!!!!
The outbound TOM82 is G-OBYG - no premium!!!!!
What are the chances of us getting G-DBLA or G-PJLO which both returned to LGW this morning (and I assume one will goto PUJ later)?
ARGH!!!!
Rhodgreen,

G-PJLO is heading off to Newcastle to operate its long haul this week, so it'll be G-DBLA and G-OBYG at LGW over the next three days before JLO comes back to operate over the weekend.
Hi all could anyone tell me what plane me and my family will be flying on the flight number is TOM 194/TOM195 from Cadiff to Barbados its with P&O cruises ,i don't know if it's coming from the east midlands to pick us up at cardiff,Thanks
You will be on a 767, however as to either ex-FC/Tfly You don't mention what date you are travelling, CWL-BGI is a mixture during the winter mainly ex-FCA for P&O however there are variations on certain days. There are not any EMA-CWL-BGI patterns scheduled If you give me a date I will be able to narrow the aircraft and where it should be flown in from before your flight. It will come into CWL empty.
Yes sorry its the 26 of Nov cardiff to barbados
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.