Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I have just reserved my seats for my holiday to Turkey in September at present it is down for a 757 and have chosen 37 A & B is this a clear window view and a good seat ?
Hi, it might be a bit early to tell yet, but do you know if:

Leaving: Thomson Airways TOM836

Depart: Manchester 25/07/11 13:55
to
Arrive: Sharm El Sheikh 25/07/11 20:30

Returning: Thomson Airways TOM773

Depart: Sharm El Sheikh 05/08/11 20:35
to
Arrive: Manchester 06/08/11 01:25

Are going to be 767's as they have been previously? The seating chart looked worryingly like a 757 and I dont think I'm going to enjoy that for 5+ hours.....

Thanks in advance!
There are no B767's to SSH this year
uno28,

Seating is personal preference and they all offer the same basic facilities so it makes little difference. Row 37 has windows.

Darren
RaulDuke,

MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM836/773) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 / 737-800 (winglets) respectively. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Both these types are more than adequate for this flight. I did MAN-LXR-MAN last year on the 752 with the return being 6 hours 36 mins with the stronger than normal head wind.

Darren
The sunday flight was a 767 until bookings collapsed following the unrest and three new hotels not opening on time
Thanks very much for the info, I'm sure the aircraft will be fine, I just enjoyed the 767's IFE, and at 6'4", those extra few inches of legroom make a massive difference lol! :)
RaulDuke,

Seat pitch on the 757 and 737 is the same as on the short haul 767's. If anything, there's more knee-room on the 737's as they have the slimline Recaro seats fitted. The 757 on your route is currently an ex-FCA but if this changes to an ex-TOM at any stage, these also have the slimeline Recaro's.

Darren
Darren - Thanks for your reply, had hoped to get one with the Sky interior as im quite curious to see those new pivot bins...sad I know!
Hi,
Please could you tell me which plane operates lgw to ssh on thurs 13 oct, flight no tom396?

Someone told me that it was a 767 but just wanted to check.

Thanks
lklaura,

LGW-SSH-LGW (TOM396/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (ex-FCA currently).

Darren
Hi Darren,

I haven't flown long haul with Thomson before, and we're thinking of going with them to Cuba later in the year. I'd like to upgrade to Premium, but I read a review somewhere stating that the seats in Premium are very hard : is that correct do you know? I also read a couple of reports that the service wasn't any better in Premium than it is in economy. I'm not so worried about the service, but I really can't stand hard seats! Any information you have on them would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance

Strawberry

P.S. I have posted on the Cuba forum regarding accommodation : when you have the chance could you take a look, please? Thanks.
Strawberry7,

The premium seats are no harder than the economy seats providing the air cussion is inflated. It's subjective though. The service may not be quite what is was, but the service is still excellent. It's normally excellent in economy too. You aren't paying for the service though, you've paying for the extra seat pitch etc.

Darren
Hi Darren,

I must admit, it would seem strange if the Premium seats were harder than those in economy, but I just wanted to verify it with you.

Thank you.

Strawberry
Hello Darren,
Could you please confirm which aircrafts will be operating the TOM022 and TOM023 Cancun on the 31st July from LGW? And the return 2 weeks later? I have booked seats 8 A,B in the premium cabin. Do these seats have windows? As i am in premium do i get priority boarding?

Best regards
It will be an ex-first choice aircraft. Glasgow and Birmingham long haul flights are the only ones which have the Thomsonfly 767 operating this summer.

Row 8 does have windows and you will get priority boarding(both flights) and disembarking(cancun only) It is only row 9 on V2 767's that has no window.
Hi Darren,
Thank you very much for the speedy reply. Is there much difference in the Thomson and ex first choice aircraft? I know the premium section is larger in the ex first choice but wondered if there are any other differences? Are the ex first choice still in first choice livery or have they been re-painted? Do you know where my aircraft operates beforehand?

Best regards
lutonmale28,

It was BY-TOM-AMM-FCA that replied, not me! There are slight differences between the two. For example, the tray tables on the ex-FCA fold out of the arm rest rather than being seat back, there's mood lighting on the ex-FCA and of course the cabin is bigger. The ex-TOM have 37" seat pitch rather than 36". Your aircraft comes in from Sanford (TOM046/7) normally, Montego Bay (TOM024/5) occasionally. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below)

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.