Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Pippa,

Anyone used TAP airlines? Particularly Gatwick - Faro.

I've never used them personally, but you'll find several reviews on car survey.org.

Darren
My elderly parents, together with my partner and I, are planning to travel from Gatwick to Funchal next February with TAP, and would like to ensure that we have plenty of room on board the aircraft (booked to be an Airbus 320, I believe), so we are considering booking seats in Business Class rather than Economy. The difference in price, at present, with either 'The Flight Centre' or direct with TAP's own website, is around £100 return each. I have also signed up for a TAP Loyalty card, for what it's worth!!

I've tried to find out what benefits, if any, this choice would give us, but so far to no avail.

Can anyone please assist us?

Many thanks!
mrtiggles,

Details of TAP Executive Class are listed on TAP's website.

Darren
Thanks for that Darren - I'd already checked out their website but there appears to be no indication of seat pitch , configuration etc.

I tried looking at websites such as seatguru.com and the like , and there appear to be sugesstions that Business Class seating has around a 46'' seat pitch! Is this correct?

Any TAP Airline personnel or business class folk out there who might be able to shed some light on this please?

The booked aircraft type is apparently an Airbus 320 - Industrie.

LGW-FNC-LGW is the journey.

Thanks!
mrtiggles,

The A320's are configured 3-3 throughout, bu the executive class seats are flexible and adjusted to demand. Seat pitch in executive class on short haul flights isn't 46", there wouldn't be enough room for 42 of them as well as 114 economy seats! I beleive it's flexible (probably why there's no figures quoted) with anything from 32" (high density) to 38-40", with the executive class benefits.

Darren
I flew with them between Lisbon & Gatwick last year on an A320. They were OK but nothing special. Seat pitch like any other A320 operator in economy. IFE but rather dull. A small cold roll with meat for a snack. Crew indifferent. Had flown out with Monarch which I thought was better.
Mr tiggles,
On the Gatwick -Funchal flight the legroom is exactly the same in business and economy. The only difference is they don't use the middle seat. I find the legroom to be fine. Hope this helps.
TAP Portugal seems a quiet post so I hope someone catches my question! I'm travelling with TAP in February on the LGW-FNC service... bearing in mind my journey originates with BA down from MAN with a 4 hour layover ask if anybody out there had any personal experience of the reliability of the national airline of Portugal!
I have read some alarming reviews elsewhere but TAP did offer me a good fare on this sector so wondered if their 'stats' stacked up any more favourably!!
:) Just thought i'd drop a note since my last post for anyone curious as to the service of TAP Portugal.
- Since my last post ive flown with them twice more and flying with them out of LHR on the 6th Sep. to Lisbon.
- The meal is average, however a redeaming feature is that all drinks are still free (unlike many ex-full service!)
- The seating is always (A319, A320) 3x3 inc. business class.
- Seat pitch 32" (Business/Econ)
- Business class (A319, A320) do not use the middle seat (this becomes a drinks table).
- The highlight of travelling with TAP has to be the typically friendly nature of their cabin crew, who in true Portugese style make nothing too much trouble.

Happy Flying :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.