Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Portugal
3 Posts
Hello coolspot, I have stayed in Lisbon 4 times and this is a good place to start with, or you could try Porto, this is in the north so this time of year it could be wet and cold, so I would plum for Lisbon. There are plenty of reviews on it on this site, so have a look at them to see what you think.
Have a look on Easyjet flight and hotels or Expedia.co.uk taxi from the airport to the centre is about 15 euros but agree a price first (as with all taxi's ) Food is very good and cheap if you eat local, and some great sites to see. As always if you do go here get a good guide book.

Dave.
I agree that Lisbon is a good place for a long weekend.There is plenty to see, the metro, trams and buses are excellent value at €3,70 for day pass as the city is very hilly. A good guidebook and a bit of planning is a good idea. There is bus every 20 minutes from the airport into the city for €3,50.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.