Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
New to Portugal
4 Posts
Hi Mirage,

There's a recent review of the Eirasol Apartments here on this website - good and not so good! If you Google "Eirasol Albufeira" you'll find other reports on TripAdvisor.

The weather will be very warm in mid June but take something with sleeves for the evenings when the temperature can drop quickly. Flattish shoes are useful as there are a lot of hills and cobbles in Albufeira.

The apartments are quite near The Strip, but if you want more traditional food you might be better going into the Old Town. There's a little tourist train which you can get. I'm not sure exactly where your apartments are but you might be able to walk it. Taxis should be plentiful in June and aren't expensive (3-4 Euros). There are loads of different restaurants and bars in the Old Town and some have lovely sea views . Cataplana is a local dish (made with fish or meat) which is available in most places - delicious! We've found the food is good in the Algarve and we've hardly ever been disappointed.

I hope you'll love Albufeira and this trip will be the first of many! :wave
Mirage,

Agree with Roseweb that Cataplana is fantastic but beware, I lost a tooth when eating it in 2003, a bit of shell from a clam was left in it and it snapped my tooth. Just as well it happedned on the last night eh? :cry:

Lummie
Your apartment is very close to the "strip" area.
I would look out for a restaurant called "Silk" on the left hand side going downhill from Montechoro hotel.
Although we haven't been there for years, the food was fabulous.... typical Portuguese and the old guy who owns it takes great pleasure in seeing you enjoy your food without being intrusive.
Pat
:glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.