Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
kassiopi
74 Posts
We went to Kassiopi a few years ago and we're going to Agios Stephanos which is a much smaller resort around five minutes drive away in May.

Kassiopi is a small but still quite lively resort. The position is extremely attractive with dramatic views over to the Albanian mainland.

The little harbour is surrounded by restaurants and bars and is a fantastic place to chill at night.

The more banging nightlife centres around the tiny village square which is a couple of hundred yards inland.

There is a ruined (very ruined) castle with the small town beach beneath it - sorry, never got round to visiting it.

There are a number of public pools in the village, which is useful if your apartments don't have their own pool. I can't remember if there's a cover charge for loungers, but as logn as you buy a few drinks you can use the facilities all day.

We did see some pretty spectacular entertainment late one night when we were having a drink outside one of the bars at the harbour. There was a lot of trouble at the time with Albanian thieves popping across to Corfu and robbing yachts. There were also drug smuglging issues and the Greek Navy had a very heavy presence in the area. On this particular evening a Greek patrol vessel opened up on an Albanian boat and it wasl ike Bonfire night, with lots of bangs and tracer shells whizzing across the sky.

The girl behind the bar just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Oh it's the Albanians again - it happens all the time."
Thanks Rich C for the info sounds like a nice place
i have only been for a day and climbed over some rocks for a secluded little cove thought it was paradise looking over to albania and swimming in clear blue waters loved it, watching the boats sail by and people waving heaven
rosie
Kassiopi is a lovely place and it can be as lively or lazy as you want it to be....just choose your spot :D

The harbour is quiet during the day but with a fair number of boats coming in and out providing amusement for the eye. A lovely place to sit in the shade of the mid day sun and sip a drink or two :glynis . One of the guys who runs the scuba diving boat has the most enormous St. Bernard who is just the friendliest dog you ever met. Watch your bags if you have food in them though as he has a tendency to nuzzle inside to obtain the contents. :P He can usually be found wandering around the harbour area. Oh and stand well back if he's been swimming :omg

There is a small sandy/shingly beach on the opposite side of the town to the harbour but to be honest it doesn't offer much. You're better off going to one of the many rocky coves scattered around the headland. All are clean and although they tend to shelve quite deeply as you wade in, the sea is heavenly to swim in.

It is worth making the climb up to the runied fortress because the views up there are amazing and there will still be a good display of wild flowers in June. There are lots of friendly goats up there. My children loved watching them climb the trees.

You're less than hour from Corfu Town either by boat or bus. I recommend the boat. It's slightly more expensive but much more relaxing.

If you intend going on any trips then go with any of the local agents and there are plenty of them, rather than with the tour company you are with. The locals are much cheaper and provide exactly the same service.
Great info Magster

We are going to Kassiopi and staying in the same apartments in Sept.
Do you happen to know if we can organise a trip to Parga on the mainland for the day from Kassiopi :?:

Cheers
Graham :cry:
Hello Graham

You can get a small and I mean small, boat from Kassiopi over to Parga but I recommend getting one of the larger boats from Corfu Town. You will dock right next to them if you get the boat in from Kassiopi or if you book through one of the town agents, they will arrange a coach transfer to CT, which if you're getting a boat that runs on a tight schedule is a bit more reliable. The larger boats are more comfortable for what is a 2 hour cruise from CT and more like four from Kassiopi on the teeny weeny boat. Also you can get quite a swell on the sea in September which the larger boats are better at handling :mrgreen:

Parga is beautiful and worth the trip. When you get there take a left on the road from the jetty and then I think it's the first road by a small church you meet that goes straight up the hill. It's a vertical walk more or less! Just keep going until you see signs for a cafe (I wish I could remember the name to make life easier) on the left hand side. The terrace is covered in yellow awnings. The food is OK but the views are magnificent and the toilets are so clean you could eat your food off the floor if you're that way inclined. It's well worth the long walk up there just to sit and admire the bay and it's only a five minute walk back down :wink:

You can do a combined Parga and Paxos trip. You get about 2 hours in Parga, back on the boat for 30/ 45 minutes and then 2 hours on Paxos. Paxos is small, quiet and beautiful but very expensive. If you want more time in both then there is a separate trip for Paxos and Anti Paxos only. Again it is 2 hours on the boat to Paxos from CT. You can also travel to Paxos by seaplane now too! Bit more expensive than a boat though. Oh and don't forget Alabania!

To be honest you're spoilt for choice with trips when based in Kassiopi and then torn in two as whether to go on them or not because it means leaving Kassiopi. I love connundrums like that 8)
The comments are impressively honest. Kassiopi is a real jewel. My family had vacationed in kassiopi since 30 years ago, and this is one place in Corfu that has not been as spoiled as the rest. If anything, it is now more friendly (despite the Albanian incident described above), more convinient, and has a lot more things to keep the visitors interested for two weeks or longer.
About 15 years ago, my family loved Kassiopi so much that we decided to build our own rentals appartments that my sister manages. They were typically rented via the big travel offices (thompson, etc) but this year, my sister decided to go at it alone.

Happy Holidays and good luck to all
KASSIOPI_FAN

**Please check out the folloiwng link, if you wish to advertise on HT Many thanks Kath HT Admin**
Thanks for the info Magster

We have stayed in Parga a few times in the last couple of years and were going back again this year but we couldn't get a flight as the airlines seem to have cutback on flights to Preveza, so we have decided just to go across for a few hours from Corfu and say 'yasu' to a few friends there.

Looking through holiday brochures I saw a slight similarity between Kassiopi and Parga, they both had a small harbour, a ruined castle and Mythos. :glynis yamas.

Really looking forward to going to Kassiopi as it sounds and looks lovely.

KASSIOPI_FAN I hope your sister does well with the apartments on her own.

Graham
was readin an olympic brochure at work today which states kassiopi is a sophisticated but yet lively resort!!!!! have u been to greece before?????
REMINDER

To avoid having any of your messages removed, please check out our Terms & Conditions regarding the use of bold or coloured fonts, and phone text message style abbreviations, etc

Many thanks
David :wave
sorry daviddddddd!!! slap my wrists
http://www.cosmic-kassiopi.com
http://www.kassiopi-experience.com

These two web sites are full of info, you will love Kassiopi, it's one of our favourite places. Enjoy! :)
thanks everybody will certainly have a good time :wink:
Hi

Has anybody been to Frosini Gardens apartments in Kassiopi ?

Have booked 9th May for one week and would welcome any info.

Thanks.
Hi there,

just this minute booked to stay in the Dimas studios, Kassiopi. Yahoo!! :)
Not going until next May for our silver wedding anniversary but am already looking forward to it more than this year's holiday to Bulgaria. I'm a Greek Island fanatic and last visited Corfu about 13 or 14 years ago ( god, that makes me seem old). Really love all things Greek, stunning scenery, greek salads, metaxa brandy and ouzo. Not forgetting the heat of course. Roll on next May!
YOu will have a lovely time in Kassiopi. We love Greece also, The best Restaurant is Jannis on the waterfront you should eb able to find the website for it is http://www.janisrestaurant.com. We had a great day out with Christos, if his boat is still in the harbour, a full day, and very reasonable. The beach is not that good, but there are some pebbly coves, if you walk to the harbour and go to the right hand side follow the path right round. need jelly shoes on to get in the water, but lovely and clear. We are off to Corfu on the 17th June, staying in Agios George South.
Sorry meant to say the left hand side of the harbour the path is to the pebble coves
Thanks for that, where is the nearest sandy beach? Any sunbeds on the beach in Kassiopi? A bit concerned about what will be open. I believe that we'll be there for the first week of the season (flying out 5th May). Any ideas on this?
All the beaches south of Kassiopi are pebble - Avlaki, Ag Steph (which we've just returned from), Karasia, Kaloura, and Agni.

My wife informs me that Kalamaki, a couple of mile to the north of Kassiopi is sand. Not sure how she knows, because we've not visited, but she's usually right.

You can be pretty much assured that everywhere you could possibly need will be open in early May. The scenery's open all year round, and that's worth the journey IMHO.

Have fun.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.