Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hello Pat, we have travelled with Hoverland twice (I have already posted about our experience) We went with them in May 2004 had a really good journey both ways, loved the hotel we stayed in - Don Juan in Tossa, found the coach great, it was brand new, the drivers and couriers couldnt have been nicer, really friendly and a great atmosphere onboard the coach, we had quizzes and bingo and lots of interesting bits and bobs, it made the journey fly past, we made lots of new friends. On the strength of this we booked a family holiday (4 generations included) in August this year, when our coach turned up to pick us up it was a Whittle coach and couldnt have been more different, the coach was dirty, not comfortable, old....as I said I have posted about this before so wont go off on a rant again! Hoverland dont own any coaches but contract other companies so its the luck of the draw who you get I think, our first holiday with them the coach had the Hoverland logo along the side but was owned by another company, all a bit complicated. Having said all that if you drop for a good coach and Hoverlands own couriers the holidays are good, prices not bad either (we got full board in Tossa for £300.00 each in August) if it hadnt been for the very negative coach journey this year I would go with them again but couldnt risk ending up on a depressing coach like that again! I did send them an e.mail telling them what we thought and suggesting that they send a member of their staff on a Whittle coach to Costa Brava and see if they still advertised it as luxury travel after but they never even replied. Perhaps if you can travel out of main school holiday times when they are less busy you may get a better experience than we did, I am not usually a moaner and always see the coach journey as a part of the holiday but everyone on the coach was dissatified, maybe we were just unlucky.
jane

thanks for the info... I think id rather not take the chance... if its pot luck
Could be that we were just unlucky last year what with it being peak season, school holidays etc but we couldnt go in May this year because of my sons exams. Its a shame that it was a bad experience for us because its put all my family off coach holidays now. :cry: Hoverlands offices are in my hometown so it was very convenient as well. My neice went with Siesta and said that their coaches were brilliant so we may give them a go, touble is there were lots of free kids places with hoverland but I dont think there are that many with Siesta.
cc
Used to be the way to go and the only way we ever got to Malgrat till we discovered Easy Jet and booking yourself. Coach travel is not cheap anymore like it was in the past and we managed to lop £1500 off Hoverlands price for 5 at Rosa Nautica for a fortnight in August,half board to stay at Eureka just round the corner for 17 days ( R.I.P. ) all we had to do was find our food.
The last time we stopped at Rosa Nautica the food was only half edible so there wasn`t much difference in the eating respect.
hi all, according to our local paper, HOVERLAND COACH TRAVEL, based in west mids have gone into administration,affecting 900 holidays. this co. has been running quite a while and did numerous european holidays.

percy123.
Further information for Hoverland customers is available by clicking HERE.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.