General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Trish, welcome home!
(Did you have a good holiday? Where did you go/ Yeah...I'm nosey! :rofl )

I've always been lucky in that when washing the clothes the stains have just come out.

How about some Vanish/Astonish or something similar?
Maybe something like that would shift the stains?

Good luck!
Hi Milly Molly

I did wonder if I try something like Vanish or Astonish. I will get some today and cross everything. I am just grateful the cream was only on 3 items.

We had a fantastic holiday thanks. We went to The Maldives. It was paradise and we want to go back. Now!

Trish
Well all they do on the adverts is dip the clothes in and 5 year old blood and wine stains just disapear! :D haha I doubt it!
I always leave the items in heavily salted cold water for 24 hours to see if that shifts the majority of it and then wash with a stain remover added to it.
Got blood out of clothes using that method.

Before anyone asks, yes it was when I bumped off my previous husbands, well what is a girl meant to do when they get you the wrong handbag! :que

Please don't take that seriously, I was joking, it was only 1 husband! :rofl

Emma
I will try soaking in salt and washing again if the stain removers don't work. It is such pain in the you know what. :(
I can highly recommend a product I fell across by accident a few years ago. I get it from cheap shops and it is called "Elbow Grease". It's yellow and in a spray bottle and costs £1.00! It gets grease and stains off most things, including cookers, cars and clothes! I sound like a bad advert but it has always worked for me. It has got oil stains, curry stains and other spillages off any item I have washed. I spray the item then wash as normal, if it doesn't work first time then I keep going! :tup
i use Dylon stain remover. it`s in a little blue and white bottle and you can get it from savers. i got Ambre Solaire oil on my vest top yesterday and it has come off.. this stuff even gets Anti-Vandal paint off clothes(kids climbing on garage roofs for the footie)..

sharon
Well, what can I say. I bought some vanish, rubbed it on the stains put the clothes back into the washing machine and waited, not feeling very positive. However, it worked , stains off the t shirt and trousers, just my skirt to go. Thanks for the other reccomendations too. I am a happy holiday returner. Well not really, still wish my holiday was starting not at an end at at least I don't have the stains to remind me. :)
trish1968 wrote:
I bought some vanish, rubbed it on the stains put the clothes back into the washing machine and waited, not feeling very positive. However, it worked
Did you use the Vanish "soap" bar, or was it the powder stuff?
It was the stick that you rub on with the twisty up bit at the bottom. I just dampened the stain area and rubbed the vanish on. Great stuff.
Oooh, not seen the stick! I'll have a look for it if I'm out this weekend, then I can have it ready when I come back from Crete. Thanks :-D
Thanks! so am I. I am still amazed it worked. I am a bit of a doubting Thomas to all these claims by the adverts on telly but I am no longer. :)
Glad you got sorted- bit late, but I find the best way to get anything out (more or less!!) especially chocolate on the kids stuff is to put washing up liquid on the mark and then 'scrub' under cold water, before putting it in the wash. Hot water seems to 'fix' the mark so once it's been washed you never seem to get rid of it. This seems more effective than any inwash stain spray.

Pam :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.