General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I recommend Susan Lewis, A French Affair was good.

I have Ceclia Ahersn most recent book, I haven't read it as wanted to keep it for holidays.

Think i'll pop along to asda to see what I can find.

I'm sure Jodi Picoult has a new one out.

Marian Keyes is great for a light girly read.

Helen
I have just read the new Jodi Picoult book and it nearly had me in tears. I have only read one of her other books but I think I will try to get the rest of

them through work. I work in a library. ;-)
Just incase there are any newbys going to Tenerife maybe for the first time and haven't even heard of "More ketchup than Salsa" by Joe Cawley. This is absolutely brilliant even if it is not new.
Slightly :offtop just returned from the cinema and they were showing a trailer
of a film from one of Jodi Picoult books , about a family who have a child to help one of their other children , what i saw brought tears to my eyes .
My Sisters Keeper is the name of the book by Jodi Picoult, the trailer of the film shown at cinema's
looks a real weepie , might see if my local library has this book .
Fiona see the film i dont think you will be disappointed , i saw the film first then read the book
im waiting for paul o gradys book to come out in paperback for me to take on holiday, ive been wanting to read it for ages but dont like hard back books :)
I've read the book Llindy & really enjoyed it. I do like all her books.
If anyone is interested, the new Peter James is out on 5th June. I for one can't wait, he is brilliant. :wave:
A lot of you get through a fair few books when in Goa so just wondering what would be your current recommended holiday reads?
Fizz
Fizzy..That made me :rofl I take 1 book every holiday and never get past the first chapter i'm too nosey when on the beach looking and listening to read my book.. :haha
Tell it to the skies by Erica James Fizzy - great read & easy to pick up & put down.
You will read the whole book if you get "Dead Simple" by Peter James, it's brilliant and once you have read that you will be hooked on the Roy Grace series. Enjoy :cheers
Hubby read Theo Paphitis (dragons den) autobiography on holiday, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm on chapter 4 and enjoying it so far! I read a fantastic book called Prisoner of Tehran by Marina Nemat, a womans story of survival inside a torture jail (brilliant).
I don't read anything too "heavy". In fact I'm a bit of a lightweight but am enjoying Maureen Lee's books and Ruth Hamilton's.I quite enjoy chick lit for holiday reading, no need to concentrate!
Hi all

What books will you be all taking on your holidays this year? also how many do you take with you?
I will be taking about 5 for 2 weeks along with mags. Not sure which ones yet,
I'm going to take with me to the Dominican Republic for 2 weeks:
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks (this has been made into a film and is being released in the US soon)
The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer (already read these last year)

Hopefully all of the above mentioned books should keep me entertained for 2 weeks! I get bored easily so I like to have a lot to read.

I'll prob get some magazines at the airport too. I like buying all of the 'trashy' real life ones to take on hols, e.g. Love it, That's life, Take a break etc.
Will take 2 books with me. Although I'm an avid reader at home, I'm much too nosey on hols and can't really get stuck in to my books because I'm too busy people watching :D I buy a few mags at the airport to read around the pool as I can just dip into them for a few minutes at a time.
If tere's a group of us going I usually tak 2 books, as we all swop with each other. If it's just hubby & I I'll take 3. I usually find that mst accommodation nowadays have books for you to exchange. I don't buy magazines, but will also take a Sudoku puzzle book with me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.