Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
On The Beach... a similar company to TR
still no further information available on the CAA website or news about a transfer flight.

no news is good news...right :que :que
You are probably correct about on the beach not helping there customer. They are shocking at customer service once they have your money the customer service stops. Travel Republic seem to be abit more careing.

I was hopeing we would of heard by now if our flights were OK.

Steve
I stand corrected On The Beach are also saying flights may be transfered to another provider. But I don't take back what I said about there customer service.

I suspect it is the CAA that are trying to get it transfered and not the actual travel agents.

Steve
More info from steved1 now across in the Travel Republic topic.

David :wave
I have booked with Custom Flights through On The Beach. It is for flights only, with the Turkish airline, Onur Air. I have only paid a deposit, although I am (or was?) liable for the full amount next April, and if I don't pay, On the Beach state in their booking conditions that they will automatically deduct the balance from my credit card.

Now circumstances have changed, I'm just wondering how I now stand if I choose not to continue with this booking, and instead book through another agent? It would suit me just fine to do this as I have lalready lost confidence in OTB due to poor communication and additional costs (their fault) over my luggage allowance.

So, where do I stand? I do not know the law at all relating to these circumstances. Can I opt to go elsewhere, or do I have to wait and see if my flights are transferred? I have emailed OTB requesting that they do not transfer, but their response failed to answer my query, instead giving a very bland reply about providing me with info when they receive it.

Please help! I would like to rebook asap but can't until I know my legal position
I was wondering the same thing. As I only paid a deposit with Travel Republic would I still be liable to pay the full amount when it is due should the flights not be transfered.

Sounds like On The Beach are up to there usual tricks by ripping you off with your luggage. I bet they didn't give you an option to upgrade your baggage at time of booking, then told you after you had booked you would have to pay admin charges if you want to take a suitecase. Am I correct?
I also know what you mean about there bland reponses, it is like there staff can't be assed to reply in more than one sentence.

Steve
Here is latest.

All bookings departing before 1-May-2010 need to book alternatives, as they will not be protected with the alternative provider. The lost deposit or full amount for the booking will need to be claimed from the CAA.

The claim form is here, and needs to be completed and sent to your travel agent.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1052/Custom_Flights.pdf

For all bookings departing after 1-May-2010 we have given the new provider a list of all Custom Flights bookings and they have blocked off seats on flights on the same dates, and await instruction from us.

We are setting up Customer Service Requests in each booking asking customers to contact us, at which point we will look up the flight times and confirm them to the customer. The new flights can either be accepted (at the same price as the Custom booking) or an alternative provider can be selected, or you can just decide to claim your deposit back from the CAA and decide what to do.

If you transfer to the new provider you will still need to claim from the CAA and ask for your Custom Flights deposit to be assigned to the new provider.

I wont go on, as I have been working this out for a while now, so it seems clear to me, but perhaps not so to others! Ask any questions and I will try and help.
I have also just lost my flights on Boxing Day after booking with A1 - hope they are kind enough to put some info on as Steve from Travel Republic has - I am awaitng my claim form from them - hopefully everything will be speedy and smoothly........
You can use the link in my post above Sue, that form is the CAA one, so print it off and start writing! Then send to A1, as they need to proof all the payments and booking activity to the CAA, and then the CAA processes the claim.

I would send recorded delivery and take copies of everything you send, as things might get lost in post or go astray at travel agent end (not denying it happened a bit with us for the XL claims, you get such a volume of paper). Then replacing it isnt such a chore.

Also chase the travel agent to make sure they have sent to CAA with necessary documentation. Having said that it means Travelrepublic customers can chase me if you want for a Travelrepublic to CAA processed form!

We already have about 20 forms, and have set up a small team to just deal with them, as it is very labour intensive.

Steve
Thanks for that - I will nag them now !!
I would just like to say a massive thank you to Travel Republic and Steve in particular ( you get a massive pay rise for all of the information and help you give people!). They have dealt with this situation perfectly and have arranged a transfer, same dates, same airport. :tup

Just the CAA form to fill in to make sure deposit is switched to new provider and Travel Republic have helpfull posted this form on their website.

BIG thankyou!
I really could be doing with an edit button...typing while excited makes me forget letters :duh
The CAA website has now been updated with further information ... please click here.

David :wave
The form on the CAA website isnt quite right in that it advises you to send form to CAA. If you have booked through a travel agent the form needs to be completed by the yourselves and then sent to the travel agent. The travel agent then confirms the booking exists and how much they had paid to Custom Flights, and then sends onto the CAA.

I have called the CAA this morning to tell them this and they are amending the form.

Steve
so do we send the relevant documents, eg bank statement, with our form to the travel agent with the CAA form? Sorry silly question but if the travek agent is stamping to say we paid the amount do the CAA still need our bank statement as proof? Im not sure what documents to include with the form.
You will need all the bits on the claim form check-list, except the part the travel agent is supposed to add. We will check before we send to CAA, as if we dont send them the right documents, it stalls the process badly.

We have loaded a new form on our website which I wont post here because it has Travelrepublic details and is specific to those customers accepting the flights with the alternative provider. Will post in the Travelrepublic thread. Dont want to confuse people.

In general, I would say do all the CAA asks, except for the bits required from the travel agent. Send to travel agent, they do their bit and then send to CAA.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.