Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
hi when we were in benidorm at the end of march we were asked if we wanted to be extras when they were filming at hotel pueblo but unfortunateley we were coming home the next day judith chalmers was going to be there who apparantley hadnt been to benidorm since 70's but don't know when is to be on tv
it was on a couple of week back
Have you got the name of the programme Wizard, i missed it and I'll look out for the repeats, thanks.
sorry no i didn't watch it but did catch a few mins whilst channel hopping

wizard
A new 25 part TV series was reported just last week, which is to be called "Still Wish You Were Here ?" or "Do You Still Wish You Were Here ?".

One of the presenters is Mark Durden-Smith and he will be revisiting some of those holiday resorts visited in the 70s and 80s by his mother, Judith Chalmers. I believe each episode will show old clips from Judith's reports from the original series, and compare how the resorts have changed over the years.

As the exact programme title still appeared to be unconfirmed last week, I wonder if we are talking about two different TV series here. I know that even if filming has already started, it definitely is not complete yet. I haven't seen any transmission dates or listings so far.

The series is being made by Talkback Thames TV for transmission on ITV1.

David :wave
Thanks David,
That is the programme I meant. I only saw the article about a week ago. I wonder if Wizard saw a trailer or if, as it is ITV, it could be shown in different regions at different times. I will keep a look out - all the easier now I know which channel.
Thanks again
Helen
the one i caught had judith revisiting spain it may have been a one off sort of pilot show

wizard
Sounds a very interesting programme
hi the one we were asked if we wanted to be extras in was going to be judith chalmers revisiting anyone spots when its on please post would love to see it
EDIT: Sorry, post edited due to copyright infringement
David HT Mod
http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/13683

Info about the new programmes being shown soon.
Hi julie...should all be worth watching should'nt they. I've got a bit confused with the Ricky Tomlinson one, I thought his was part on the Benidorm Unpackaged series for the ITV but looks like i'm wrong. I believe that one is running for 3 months from 17th Sept. I know you mentioned Matthew and Son were featured in it. I was talking to Neil St john the other night and apparently him and his family also feature quite largely in it too. Have you any idea what other people or businesses are going to feature? PS...Saw Tom at the Carousel last night and passed your best wishes on to him.

Best Regards - Taggy :)
The Rich Bitch and The Queens hotel were also filmed for the Benidorm programme. Shame I will only get to see the first one as I am moving over there around 19th September. Won't have a satellite tv either for a while. Typical eh!

Sarah
I have heard that the TV programme based on the old 'Wish You Were Here ' will be starting on ITV on 14th October.
We come back from Benidorm on the 13th so hopefully the programme will seem like an 'extra' day.
hi helen what date do you go as we go 29th sept to 13october so we come back same day where are you staying we are going to hotel orange there is another programme on tomorrow night about benidorm it is on itv at 10pm thanks julie :fly
Julie,
Have sent a PM
Helen
Hubby has checked the Sky listing to see if the Wish You Were Here programme is on on the 14th, but can't see it.

Anyone know when it's on?

luci :wave
Was it on? hopefully it hasn't been on yet as I really want to see this program.
Believe (but don't know for certain) that it was 'bumped' for the rugby. Will just have to watch the schedules now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.