Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Do You Still Wish You Were Here...?,

Does anyone know when this programme is to commence please?
It was mentioned some time ago but I have not seen any more info.
Sue
I have just seen this weeks TV listings and the programme "Still Wish You Were Here ?" is due to start this coming week on ITV every week day afternoon about 4.30 pm.
It doesn't mention the Benidorm one for this week but it will be on later in the series I expect.
Sue
I believe the Benidorm one is the first programme on Monday according to my tv guide.

Best Regards - Taggy
Yes I've just checked the listings on http://www.itv.com and Benidorm is on on Monday, 14 January at 16.30 for 30 mins. Have set the DVD. ;)

luci :wave
:duh I'll be at work unfortunatly

Danny
I'll be at work unfortunatly

Yeh me too. :cry Does anyone know if there's a repeat?

Sue :)
I'll be at work too, but will be recording it. Don't you have a DVD or video recorder or could you get a friend or neighbour to tape it for you?

luci :wave
:D might be repeated on itv2
luckily for me monday is the only day i finish work early so will be home in time
:rofl :rofl
I have a dvd player but never recoreded from it before..

Will just have to hope there will be a repeat :think
try this http://www.tvcatchup.com register and click on tv guide select the program you want to record and it records it to your account , its brill :tup
  • Edited by Vanlaywan 2008-01-14 17:02:50
    Link activated
Just watched this and I thought they portrayed Benidorm in a very good light.

Focused a lot on the Old Town and just a couple of minutes on the Square in Levante. The reporter genuinely seemed to like Benidorm and he summed it up by saying if you want peace and quite Benidorm is not the place for you but if you want fun in the sun then all roads lead to Benidorm.

Overall it was a good advertisement for Benidorm I thought.
Overall it was a good advertisement for Benidorm I thought.

Yes I agree too.
I remembered to watch it and I'm very glad I did, I tend not to watch these types of programmes, they annoy me intensely when they don't give an unbiased view or they focus on one area and flog the issue to death.

Oh my, for once I see a programme that is unbiased and paints a true version of the whole town"¦.

It made a refreshing change to have all sides of the town given "air time", instead of focussing on one little part, IE: "the square" which can easily be avoided if it doesn't float your boat.
I do wish people would stop saying Benidorm has 2 beaches, :roll: it doesn't, it has 3 beaches"¦.Levante, Poniente and the little beach called Mal Pas between the two main ones"¦.a minor point, but if you're going do it, then do it right.!

I should image the Mayor of Benidorm is also pleased with the programme, if he watched it. :wink:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7963/sanay1.gif
I watched this and found it much better than previous programmes like Benidorm Unpackaged. I was a little disappointed that it didn't show or mention any of the middle of the road nightlife which falls into a category quite separate from Benidorm Palace and those idiots in the Square. I suppose however that with all Benidorm has to offer, day and night, everything could not be fitted in to such a short programme. I was not particularly interested in the interior of the dancer's house in Altea. While I might like to (and have) visited Altea I am not likely to look at the interior of such houses and felt the time spent on this could have been better used, perhaps showing the harbour area, a Fiesta Parade or even a journey to the Cross. There are many more interesting places in Benidorm itself - everyone will have their own favourites - than knowing how many costumes are in the spare room!
Just watched this and i agree that they showed Benidorm in a good light and that there is something for everyone.I think this might just change a few minds or at least make people consider a holiday there.

Garry
With several errors in the first few minutes, I thought it was going to be another ITV holiday programme flop. But it did improve after that and gave a fairly accurate description of the various areas of the resort, and of what holidaymakers should expect. Unlike previous programmes, they correctly emphasised that The Square is only one small part of Benidorm which could easily be avoided. Almost all holiday programmes used to film only in The Square and gave the impression that was all there is to Benidorm.

David :wave
I agree with all of the above really, I thought it was a very well balanced programme, that covered most aspects of why someone may choose to holiday in Benidorm. It did all it could in the time alloted, which for all of us on here, was always going to be too short....but then again we are Addicts!!! :tup

Best Regards - Taggy
yes agree with everyone
but looking at the film it never seems that big or high when you are there
cant wait to go only 3 weeks left
For a half hour programme I thought he gave an honest opinion yet,he did stress that the drunken young crowds decend there in August,no different to Ibiza and Rhodes,but showed it as cheap to eat out or drink than anywhere else in Europe,cheaper!!,beautiful beaches,nice hotels with good food,and the entertainment second to none,which he didnt show!!but this programme was the best for Benidorm.
I'll be at work unfortunatly

Danny

Looks like you can watch online via link below :tup
ITV.COM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.