Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We have stayed there twice. Last time was in 2005. It is a large site but well spaced out. Are you going in a mobile home with one of the Brit companies? They are based at the far end of the site near the second pool and bar. The site is clean, has a large staff that constantly clean and garden. The camp shop is well stocked and you are only a 5 minute walk from the main street with all the shops, bars and restaurants. You are two blocks back from the beach. A 20/30 minute walk along the prom will take you to the port. At night security is very tight, the gates are locked to vehicles and pedestrian access it through a small, patrolled gate and you have to show a pass. Security patrol the lanes between the tents and caravans so you get no rowdy behaviour from guests.

There are regular buses passing by and a 30 min walk will get you to the station where you can get trains to Barcelona and all resorts in between.

From the beach you can catch water taxis that will take you up and down the coast as far as Lloret and Tossa to the North.

The beach is fine shingle, not really suitable for buckets and spades but there is another beach around the headland to the North with sand.

The older part of the town around the port has many 'proper' shops and a market selling fruit and stuff. Also lots of good restaurants along that part of the prom. I can recommend the Restaurant Bahia for its food and its welcome to children.

In the evenings traders et up stalls on the prom and you can buy all the usual touristy stuff, have henna tattoos and hair braids etc if you wish.
Hi Hi De Hi

Thank you very much for your reply. It was very helpfull. We are considering Lifestyle Holidays. Seems they have some pretty new mobilehomes with aircon. and decking.

Anyone have any expirience with Lifestyle?
That's a new one to me. Certainly can't remember their company being there when we were there.

Look at

http://www.campinglamasia.com/
Anyone have any expirience with Lifestyle?

Hi Womania ... this company appears to have been mentioned a few times here in the Costa Brava forum. If you try the Search facility at the top of the page using keyword Lifestyle, you should be able to retrieve all previous discussion about them in this forum.

David :wave
Was there last september and was speaking to the Lifestyle reps, who showed us round one of the mobile homes. We were immpressed enough to book with them this year albeit at Castle Montgri.
La Maisa is quiet and I'm not sure there would be enough for a 12 and 15 year old to do on site. Plenty of things locally inc a free bus outside the camp to the waterpark/dolphin show.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.