Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi Sue :wave we have stayed at the Vista Blanes a couple of times and they are fine :D .The pool area has lots of sunbathing space and no matter what time we went down we could always get sunbeds.The only thing lacking in the apartments is air-con but that might not be a problem in May.We have been in May and the weather was perfect nice and warm but not the searing heat of July.There are a few bars and resturants very close by and one i would recommend is El Pitas where they serve lovely food.We used to walk into Cala n Forcat at night and this only takes 10-15 mins up one straight road.Hope this has been of some help to you.
Sue
Sue, I have also stayed at the Vista Blanes complex twice (the last two October half terms). 2 star is about right as they are fairly compact and basic inside but they are clean enough so don't worry on that score. We obviously wouldn't have gone back unless we thought they were ok and as we normally stay in higher rated apartments than these that's the best recommendation I can give. Like most complexes you can be lucky or unlucky with the location of your apartment if you like sitting out on the balcony. Ground floor apartment balconies facing the pool are not very private though families with younger children might prefer these anyway. The apartments are really close to the Cala'n Blanes beach and as peteandsue said, only an easy 20 minute walk into Cala'n Forcat and the Los Delfines urbanisation if you want a bigger choice of bars and restaurants. You may have seen them already but I posted some photos of the apartment interior and the beach on this forum last year so you can see for yourself exactly what you will be getting. If you can, rent a car for a few days as Menorca is a lovely island that really needs exploring to appreciate everything it has to offer. Even if you don't, at least catch a bus into nearby Ciutadella which has bags of Menorcan character and has an old town area and Port that are great to wander around.
  • Edited by Robbo11 2006-04-28 15:52:42
Thanks for the replies most helpfull, and the photo's are too, cant wait to go now!!!!!

kind regards sue
Cala Blanes blends into Cala Forcat where there is lots of restaurants and bars too many restaurants too reccoment, we found them all good. Our
favourite bar is Lorenzos, when you go through the archway its on your
right hand side, it has a patio on the top then you go down the stairs and there is plenty of seating both inside and out. He has music, television, pool tables and playstations for the kids. Hes a friendly guy and runs the bar with his wife Rita, if you visit him say hello from John and Kath. the weather in May can be very nice perhaps just a bit cool in the evenings.
Enjoy your holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.