Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Gemma33
You are right about the beach meet up. Maybe it is a good idea to meet at a shack as last year at Bono's there was lots of Ht'ers there and it went so well. The food wasnt that hot but there is loads of shacks to choose from.

You are also right about Mai Tai, we went and there was no one there. At Lazydays it was me, OH and Linb untill you, your partner, IC her OH Polly50 and her OH turned up about 3 hours later :que Well we didnt mind as we had a good crack with Linb and she is so knowledgeable she kept us entertained for the evening. But if she hadnt turned up we would have left after the 1st drink as its not got much atmosphere with not many people there.

:tup
Yes Ginlizzy I think a different beach shack is a better idea. The service in Bono's is deplorable and so slow. Nice shack and nice toilets, but thats it, and as you say there are loads of other shacks to pick from.
I think we will all need to arrange something by PM.
And of course we need to decide where the night time meets will be for the coming season :cheers :)
If I was going to a HW "meet" whilst on my holiday, I would be happy to visit the meet once and see how I go on. Hopefully there would be lots of other people there and it would be a good night.

If there was three meets a week, quite frankly I wouldn't know which one to go to and so probably wouldn't bother. Mainly because as the previous poster suggested, they would all be diluted.

Keep to one main meet per week in the same place at the same time and I might be tempted to go. :tup
hi everyone
I get the feeling that one meet is the favourite option as too many mean less people attending. However, as the Goa forum is dead just now I'll leave the option of one or two per week open for a while longer so others can input.
However, I have been a bit remiss about not offering the same for South Goa so will start another thread to see if there is interest for a meet there. I'm not sure how easy that would be decide a venue but the South Goa regulars know far better than me what is feasible :)
Had a suggestion from Mike that we look at at meet in Candolim one week and Calangute the next week. This would keep the meets down to one a week( which seems to be what the majority want) but also give members a choice of venue during their stay. To stop confusion I can easily set up a post with dates and venues for everyone to print off. Would this be what everyone would like? Or would you prefer one venue only? It would be could to at least sort out this out, even if we delay deciding on the actual bars to pick. So
1.one or two a week?
2.if one a week- Calangute only/Candolim only/ alternate?
3.best day/days to pick?
( please pick an option for 2 even if your vote is for 2 a week)
My vote would be 1 per week.
Being selfish I would prefer Candolim, being democratic I vote for alternating Calangute/Candolim.
I was quite happy with Wednesday meets as I think it avoids most changeover days.

I will go with the flow regarding venue but would prefer somewhere that is quiet enough to have a conversation.
I was quite happy with 2 a week - one in Calangute/Baga and one in Candolim - as someone who went to both. If there are 2 a week at least if you are away on one of the days you can go to the other. I still think Sunday and Wednesday were good days. Having said that I will go with the flow.
I normally go to two meets as well but I think lots of others would prefer one meet a week
So I will opt for one meet a week IN A CENTRAL LOCATION, which should be Calangute, but if we need to alternate it between Calangute and Candolim then I will go with the flow.
Probably a Wednesday is a good night as I dont think its a changeover day for flights, but same again I will go with the flow.
please choose the options you would like best rather than what you think others want. I'm happy with what most members decide upon.
I want it still to be 2 a week ( wed ) and (sun) please don't change the days then everyone will know H/T meet ups are on a wed and a sunday ......
I think Calangute would be best because its half way to almost everywhere ALSO the Cravery in Candolim is big and its quiet so everyone could get talking and be able to hear eachother
So for me its one in Candolim ...and one in Calangute ........but still on the same days as now (wed) and (sun) :ghug :cheers :cheers :ghug Thats what I think colleen
I agree with you Irishcolleen, 2 meets one in Calangute and one in Candolim. I also agree about The Carvery, its a lovely place and there is plenty of room plus good food for anyone who wants to eat there. I think the same days too Wednesdays and Sundays.
:) Hi;
Me and steve are with Irish and Polly, 2 a week one on a Wednesday and another on the Sunday, I dont care if they are Candolim or Calangute, whats the price of a taxi :ghug You dont have to attend both but having two to choose from gives people a choice once they are in situ, and i'm all for peoples choice.
See you there in November Mike & Carol
Love Jayne & Steve :wave
2 one in Candolim,one in Calangute.
The carvery would be good for us.
I'm with Colleen Wed and Sun. Cavery in Candolim has a good space for meets and I am happy to go to Calangute.

Lin
Mike has kindly agreed to check with any possible venue to see if they will be agreeable to the meets being held. Most folks who go to the meets will probably not eat there so we need to be sure that we would be welcome. He also had a couple of suggestions which hopefully he will put on here.
So far, the two meets a week is edging it. My understanding of two meets we had in the past was that one was often not well attended. I'm assuming it was because of the choice of venue???
I have in mind that we will have threads for each month of the meets where folks can indicate which meets they MAY be at. Only one month of meets at a time though- too many and the forum will be taken over by the meet threads and also indicating near to the holiday time would make figures a bit more accurate.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.