Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Not much around the Hotel. Certainly Sun creams etc I would take with you. Also Cigarettes as well. There is a shop on site that is mainly gifts and a few items.

I smoke so they must have sold Cigarettes I think a bit more expensive than outside because I do remember one of the beach boys offering to get the bus into town to buy some much cheaper.

Any other questions please ask.I was there last february.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Thanks very much for the advice
Hi,

A couple more questions about the Turtle Bay Beach Club please, if anyone knows! We're going for two weeks in early Dec 08.

Do they give you enough bottled water? My most recent experience of AI in Egypt was that they were really stingy with it!

What are the local drinks like, spirits and wine? (I know the beer's good :tup ) Also, do they have diet mixers, such as slimline tonic, coke etc?

Are there any trustworthy locals that you could recommend to book a road trip safari with? Don't want to pay the high travel agent rates!

Thanks!
I dont remember being out of water so sure this is not a problem.

Local spirits were fine but then I only drink Barcadi or local white rum. Dont remember the wine, sorry.

I think there is a local company with a desk at the Hotel that sells tours. The Beach boys will also sell you tours. The Hotel I think was more expensive but you may feel more comfortable with them. The guys on the beach however always delivered what they said they would be it a boat trip/snorkelling etc.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.