Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
didn't think airtours owned it, It's in the first choice brochure this year along with the hotel Belvedere (we stayed there last year). Dorada palace and the Belvedere were both in the direct holidays brochure last year. I think they just lost the contract this year, maybe they are getting more money from First choice than they were from airtours.
ahhhhhhhhh thanks jules, what you've said makes sense :oops:

Never mind, I'm still interested in hearing this years comments. :oops: Particularly with regards to the building work.
with regard to the dress code in the restaurant can anyone let me know if the no shorts rule is just for men and can shorts be worn by men at breakfast or not at all.

cheers
Hi chloe yep the rule is just for men and no sleeveless shirts but you are ok for brekki. i used to wear dressed jeans and short sleeved dressed shirt at night and shorts and football top for brekki

hope ive been of help
cheers fatboy that's exactly what i needed to know.
Im off to salou for the first time in june staying at dorada palace with hubby & 2 children (4& 18mths) Has anyone been since it changed to First choice? wondering what the kids clubs & entertainment is like in hotel. Also has building work finished?
My friend is going in about 6 weeks and has heard theres building work going on -is this true and anyone been lately.

Is it bad and will it affect the holiday?

Any comments?

thanks
Jaime C :wave
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=30585
Please, anyone? :?: Someone must also be booked and heard something about this?

Thanks
hi not sure about building work at your hotel but its going on all over salou
,but bit of good news,holiday rep told me all building work has to stop on 15th may,so hopefully she was right and your holiday wont be ruined.
Thanks, hopefully this is the case.

Is the Club Dorada Palace the big 4 star hotel on the main road into Salou from Reus (Calle Ciudad de Reus)? That's in a mainly residential there is an internet cafe just down the road from there not that far from a road called St Augustin?

If so, then when we went in February (we stayed at the Jardines Paraisol apartments just up the road) there was some building going on behind there - we could see it from our apartment but it wasn't particularly intrusive in anyway although I couldn't say what it would be like from your hotel. I don't recall it actually being on the hotel itself (apart from them replacing paving stones) seem to think it was a new development going up behind that whole area.

Hope this helps.

Wendy

PS I have a photograph that I took towards the pool at our apartments that may show the building work in the background pm me if you want me to have a look and if it does I can always email it you.
Jaime I've just had a look at the tourist guide we were given the hotel I am thinking of was the California Palace - yours is in a totally different area.
hi im just back from the Dorada palace hotel , it is a very nice place and yes there is building work right out the front entrance of the hotel , it didnt bother me at all as i was in a room over looking the main pool as most seem to be ,but there is a side pool that was mostly empty that looks onto the building work and i did hear whistling from the guys on the site to any females at the pool , i`ll try and check some pics to see how many rooms look onto the work ,,,any thing else you need to know about the hotel , give me a shout

EDIT: For online privacy and protection, your e-mail address has been removed from this post. Please check our Terms & Conditions for further information.
Many thanks
David
hi im just back from the Dorada palace hotel , it is a very nice place and yes there is building work right out the front entrance of the hotel , it didnt bother me at all as i was in a room over looking the main pool as most seem to be ,but there is a side pool that was mostly empty that looks onto the building work and i did hear whistling from the guys on the site to any females at the pool , i`ll try and check some pics to see how many rooms look onto the work ,,,any thing else you need to know about the hotel , give me a shout

EDIT: For online privacy and protection, your e-mail address has been removed from this post. Please check our Terms & Conditions for further information.
Many thanks
David
Great! Thanks for the replies, I will let my friend know.

Wendye no probs, all the hotels blur into one in all the resorts!!

Thanks again
JaimeC :wave
I'm thinking of booking the Club Daurada Palace Hotel in Salou for July next summer. I'd love to hear any comments - good or bad!

Thank you,
Kay.
Our hotel reviews are available via the link at the top of the page.

Here are the reviews for your hotel:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-dorada/salou/club-dorada-palace-aparthotel/
Thanks Stevie NI very glad to hear building work not too bad :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.