Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
cruises
5578 Posts
Hi

Thanks Mike - Alitalia flight attendents and ground personnel - Just wondering if this applies to Rome or everywhere?

Jean
Hi Magsy.

Hope its not too late to wish you a very happy and enjoyable cruise on the MSC Armonia next week.
Tony
Hi All
Rosie I havent received my tickets yet but I noticed that some people who were going on the 13th June didnt get theirs till 6th June and 8th June. I will certainly be panicking if mine dont arrive by Tuesday of next week. I am getting excited but still apprehensive until the tickets arrive.
Magsy have a great trip, look forward to seeing the photos.
May B
:) With my foot still in it? Just depends. Just what is so interesting about bathroom floors anyway, or were those midnight intruders checking for What Lies Beneath? i.e. bilge, leaks etc. :shock:
Post transferred from a separate topic
SherilynnC
New User...

2 HTPoints

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:57 pm Post subject: R**se Travel and Express Cruise Offer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm new to this, but wanted you to know that I spoke to someone in the Shell (Express) office who advised me that their legal department are now dealing with this matter and that they expect some resolution by "the end of July". I am still waiting for a phone call from the so-called Helpline, but no-one even bothers to answer the phone there now! Have tried the link provided by Luci to the contact form, but am a real cynic these days and hate to say I doubt it will do any good. I have been waiting over a year now and, despite offers in the past, have heard nothing for the past 5 months!

Sherilynn
hi to everyone,
thought i'd let you know that i have just recieved my tickets this morning for my sinfonia cruise on 12th june. How panicky have I been over the last week :!:
So if you haven't recieved any tickets for your future cruise yet there is still plenty of time so hang on in there :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All the best for now,
Mark
Hi Craig,

It's certainly be a good idea to check your flights both now and just before you are due to fly. I am sure you don't need to but with all the recent strikes it'd at least give you piece of mind.

Just to clarify that we were talking about confirming flight reservations rather than checking that the flight was happening.

In the Rise confirmed cruise docs there was mention of the necessity to do this (I think it was 48 or 72 hours before, without checking the paperwork) both out and back.

It turns out that this is not actually necesary.

However, I agree with you about the flights in general with all the uncertainty over strikes.

Tony
Hi all
I bet you were sweating a bit optimalscooby, today being the 10th and you going on the 12th. Did you actually ring them up and if you did what number did you ring as it sounds like they are not answering the phone/or are they.
I will be waiting for the post every day next week as I fly Saturday a.m. I know I will be a right pain at work going on about not having them yet, it was bad enough this week when everyone was saying are you excited. Not until I get the tickets etc will I believe I am going. Have a brill time now you know you are going.
May B
Hi May B,
Sweating a bit!!!!! I was like the wicked witch from Oz, "I'm Melting, I'm melting"
Yes I rang **** but was told quite coldly that I would get them in time, so i emailed DE, and recieved a call the next day saying that my tickets had been despatched. I have found all through this escapade that emailing/phoning DE has had the required effect. I got the numbers /addies from the link in the index by the way. :D
To say that was a close call Mark is putting it mildly, but...............................
....................................... :pele :pele :pele :pele :pele :glynis :glynis :rofl :rofl :yipee :yipee :yipee :hyper :hyper :wave :wave :wave :ghug :ghug :fly :fly :wow :wow :wow :gluck :gluck :yikes :yikes :omg :omg :sun :sun :sun :kiss :smokin :smokin
hi everyone,i hope all yourtickets arrive in time,its a bit scary waiting till last minute.i am sure it will all be worth the hassle.think positive!!!!!!!!you are going to have a great holiday meet new people and have a ball!!!!!!!!!!!
the postman may be dropping them right now..
maggsy will be well on her way now.it seems a bit quiet without her .i am sure she will make up for it when she is back .
hi phil ,hope you are getting fitter and soon be back on the ding dong!!!!!!!!
carol :D :D :D :wave :wave :wave
Hi
can anyone direct me to the link re holiday insurance.
Thanks
Hi Everyone :D

This is Allisu, Katie15 & Trooncryers sister Isobel. Just taking a break to let all you landlubbers know that we are having a FANTASTIC time 8) . we are Ibiza today weather is really hot, food wonderful, staff :wink: , very helpful, couldn't be better :!: . Katies luggage got lost and it was 2 days before it arrived so make sure to pack extra undies etc in your hand luggage. :!: :!: :!: :!:
back to the good life now :D :D
Katie, Allisu & Isobel we are :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: but also pleased :pele :pele :glynis :glynis :rofl :rofl :yipee :yipee :ghug :hyper :hyper :wave :wave that you are happy on the cruise after all that stress :bhead :bhead :bhead
Enjoy the rest of the cruise, hear from you all on your return.

dizzy
My ticket has just arrived for next Sunday :D - phew!

Snazzy blue wallet with info in. No upgrade, but I'm just relieved to be another step closer after everything.

Has anyone heard from Magsy in Venice yet? Hope she's having a great time ahead of her cruise :D !
Hi May, good to hear from you. No sign of tickets yet, but as you said people are still getting them a couple of days before they are going. Well to hell with it I am going to start packing. Next problem, how do I get it all into 15 kgs!! The ryanair site does say we are allowed 10 kgs of hand luggage though, which I thought was a bit strange. Raher defeats the object I would say. May be the kgs in the plane weighs lighter than those in the hold. But I know which one I would rather have fall out of the overhead storage, and hit me on the head.
Rosie
The reason that RyanAir say you can take 10kgrams of hand luggage is part of their long-term plan to do away with checked (hold) baggage. Ideally they would like all their passengers to only have carry-on luggage. This is because it is cheaper for them (no baggage handlers) and it makes for quicker turn-rounds.
Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah
TICKETS HAVE COME TODAY. Well I know I am going now so its a case of get organised now kiddo. Cant wait. Rosie if you dont get them today I bet yours will come on Monday, maybe they are doing it alphabetically or something but at least you know the Lirica tickets are on their way to you. I have found out the name of the woman I am sharing with but she doesnt appear to be on holiday truth site unfortunately.
Could anyone tell me, in easy steps how to send a PM. I tried the other night to send one to Rosie but couldnt. Much appreciated if someone can help this silly lady!!
All those waiting on tickets be positive as they will be there shortly I am certain.
May B
Nottingham
Hi MayB,

Could anyone tell me, in easy steps how to send a PM.

I have just PM`d you with instructions so click the `messages` link at the top of the page to read it.

Cheers,

Tony
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.