Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Yet again :D :D :D :D

:evil: The needles wearing off :twisted:

Magsey :hmmm have you arranged NatSat :?: :?: :hmmm :shrug

We must be told

phil morris
Dear MEH
you may mount a take over bid for magsey's throne and may win with the important bit of info :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Just dug out my 1pint kettle as well as my travel toaster (240v) :smokin

Early morning English tea with Toast along with Dundee Marmalade for the 10th Oct cruise, will be in my cabin.
:ghug we know how to live :ghug
(Milk does not cope with pressurised cabins too well). so that will be Lidi powdered. Pinch the butter from the dinner tables O.K. gang :yikes
:sun :sun :sun :sun :sun :sun

Byeeee for now

Phil Morris
Good Afternoon all from Plastered du Cruise :D :D :D :D

Just thought I'd add a note, the Early morning tes will NOT be tea Bags, but only the finest Ceylon leaf :bow you may if you wish :bow

E6 for 1/2 cafee of red plonk seems O.K. :hmmm
That is only E2 on shore. :whoops

Using that formula Breakfast tea will be £3.00 a cup :yikes (Only English Money accepted - see earlier post about Dutch :kiss and Frenccccch :rage (ug) but I will buy 1 of them a pint if I meet one. :rage Terms and Conditions apply

Byeee for now

Phil Morris
Hello again

You can have tea/coffee through room service in your cabin without paying although you have to pay elsewhere except at meal times. Coffee/tea is not offered after dinner but you can ask for it.

I have taken a photo of the bathroom showing the shower but do not know how to put the pictures in the gallery.

At the terminal in Genoa, there is someone sitting at a table who asks about restaurant seating and you can choose to sit with British people. It seemed that most of us were put on Table 82 for each sitting. There was no queing to do this.

The weather was great but around Malta and Tunis it was a bit choppy at night. That was the night we went to the disco.

If anyone is looking for another cheap cruise, one person obtained his through Texaco and he still has his DE cruise to come. For anyone without a cruise, the people to whom I spoke had to contact the DE several times.

As Myles said, it was not the QE2 but it was good. The Captain likes to get a move on and we were usually two or three hours early arriving in ports. The only anchor point was San Tropez where we "parked" next to Easy Cruise.com!

I need a good rest now ready for 18th July.

I have just looked back a couple of pages. Someone was asking about "on board" accounts. You are given an interim one about the second to last day and after 3.00am on the last day, one will be put under your cabin door for you to check. You sign it to agree and settle in the morning unless you have registered a credit card.

Maureen H
  • Edited by MEH 2005-06-07 18:36:58
Hi Phill

Early morning tea & toast sounds great I'm sure the rest of the gang will agree shall I bring some tea bags

Chris
Good Evening from the Palastered du Paris,

Bit chilly tonight but what a glorious day, (has anyone else noticed - since the B.B.C. introduced the new weather chart we rarely get 2 days of consistant weather, is this an issue that is being kept from us). :hmmm

Hi chris 8) 8) 8)
If you do you, drink them, athough the 'dust' that goes into teabags, (it is called dust, and tea bags have saved some small platations, as dust comes from a very small plant - as well as the sweepings after the grading of the leaf). I must prefer a tea with a darker colour and flavour.

reminds me of when our Pat was about 10 - she annonched at dinner table one day that in future she was only going to drink coffee like her men - strong and black - :yikes dear wife dropped the serving tray full of all the dinners, as she was entering the dining room at the time. :omg

byeee for now

Phil Morris
reminds me of when our Pat was about 10 - she annonched at dinner table one day that in future she was only going to drink coffee like her men - strong and black - Yikes dear wife dropped the serving tray full of all the dinners, as she was entering the dining room at the time.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :bhead :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
On the subject of wine, I think there is also a deal whereby at the start of the week you can pay €90 for 7 bottles of wine and 7 bottles of mineral water.
I think the wine package is a mixture of wine and red wines and you have to have each one. I like red wine and you couldn't change the white for the red. I think I'll stick to the half carafe for 6 Euros. That's great.
hi i at last got my tickets today for the sinfonia on the 12 june.ive been getting worried as every goy thers last week.not long to go now.david
hi phil, chris and anybody else who's lurking
I am a bit late logging on (busy gardening). tea and toast sounds great.
used to work in twinnings tea factory, found a baby gheko in one lot of tea. :o its alright it was dead. its a lovely day, off too dig some new spuds. :D vivien
Well done Dave on your tickets. :pele :pele :pele :fly :fly :hyper :hyper :omg :yipee :yipee :sun :sun :sun :ghug :ghug :wow :wow :glynis :glynis :glynis :smokin
dizzy
not too much :glynis Dave or you might let slip how little you paid for the cruise to the other passengers :whoops :rofl :rofl :rofl
Is anyone flying with EasyJet? just had an email from them to say that 'easylounge' has opened at several main UK airports - £12 for access to their exclusive lounge where there is a free bar/snacks/tv lounge/internet access. This is booked it seems on a 3 hour session/visit - wonder if this is a good idea - know what id be like after 3 hours drinking then a flight :yuck :lol:

Alison :D
Vivian,

used to work in twinnings tea factory, found a baby gheko in one lot of tea. its alright it was dead.

But was it the tea that killed the ghecko, we wonder??........Was that Twinings in Andover Vivian?

I am a coffee-holic so it sounds like emergency jar of Nescafe will be in my little baggie! :lol: ..........along with camping stove just in case. :wink:
hi tony
yes it was in andover, but many moons ago when you were about 15 I should think. (perish the thought that twinings high class tea could have killed it), I rose to the dizzy heights of quality control, nights. not long till you are on the high seas enjoying the sailaway party. :D vivien
Alison

I think after 3 hours drinking I'd fall asleep and miss the flight! :lol:
:rofl :rofl

Can you imagine the stag weekenders off to Prague/Dublin/Budapest etc monopolising this lounge - heaven forbid!

:rofl:
:glynis
I've just noticed on another site that MSC are charging an additional fuel supplement of £8 for cruises leaving after 9th May 2005. I wonder if R*** are having to fund this - or will they pass the charge on to those of us with cruises already booked?
MSC are charging an additional fuel supplement of £8 for cruises leaving after 9th May 2005. I wonder if R*** are having to fund this - or will they pass the charge on to those of us with cruises already booked?

If R*** have already taken payment for the cruise then if they asked for more you could refuse to pay it. :argue (in my opinion)

If they then took the money off the card you paid with without your permission then you could probably get the police involved as this would probably be classed as fraud. :tut
But if this did happen you would need to confirm that with a solicitor to be absolutely sure. :omg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.