Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
DE/R Cruise
5578 Posts
Re-surcharge

I left on the 30th May and did not pay a surcharge nor did anyone else. It is possibly for new bookings.

Maureen H
I forgot to mention that I was told that a DE cruiser on Melody 30th May was giving a report on the BBC. If I hear any more, I will let you know. 'Phone nos have been exchanged to pass round details.

Remember the Captain and officers rushing into someone's cabin? It happened on my cruise to one of the men. They are doing a spot check on the cleanliness of the bathroom.

Maureen H
:rofl If anyone, even the Captain... bursts unannounced into my cabin on any pretext whatsover (apart that is from the ship sinking... next week on my cruise, in the middle of the night, he, she, or they are likely to find a size eight sandal whizzing past their heads. :D :arrow:
Hi,

Been away for a couple of weeks- so trying to catch up.

What's the latest on the strikes?

I see on the "What's on in Rome" web site that Alitalia ground personnel and flight attendents are on strike on 18th July - the day we travel!!

Does anyone know if this only applies to Rome or is it throughout Italy?

If it is national, any suggestions?

Thanks

Jean and Steve
Good news

Tickets arrived today - as promised.

Up to grade 8 - outside cabin.

Fantastic news LL

:pele :pele :pele :pele :glynis :glynis :glynis :rofl :rofl :rofl :yipee :yipee :yipee :omg :omg :ghug :ghug :ghug :wow :wow :wow :hyper :hyper :hyper :wave :wave :wave :yikes :yikes :sun :sun :sun :wave :smokin
Edit to fix quote. luci - HT Mod
they are likely to find a size eight sandal whizzing past their heads.

Seacruiser.............would that be with the foot still in it?? :rofl

Re: The fuel surcharge...........as I`m getting the whole cruise & flights for £10, if they want another £8 then I`m willing to turn a blind eye!! :wink: :lol:

Regarding the Alitalia problems, here is an excerpt of what Philnunn posted on our 04/07 thread recently:

from the times business briefing section..............
.......... the european commission cleared the way for a restructuring plan to inject new capital into Alitalia but gave warning that the italian government must act as if it were a private investor in the airlines recapitalisation

so looks like all you heathrow people should be ok

Hopefully that is one of the two potential flight problems in hand.......just the airport strikes to worry about now. :shock: :shock:
Hi all. don't post often but catch up with the news daily I suppose its a bit like being a voyeur! you all have great camradarie(i'm sure i've spelt that wrong) and its made me laugh heaps, anyway i'm Cruising on Sinfonia 12th of June, just been reading the small print about reconfirmation of flights. Is that for the outbound journey or on the return? and who do I call, Ryanair or Rise? any help would be appreciated

Thanks Besty
Dizzy..............nice one!!!

Read it again carefully though...........make sure the word "cabin" is there or it might just be "outside"!!!!!!! :rofl
Besty,

Not sure that we have to do either, but I`m going to `phone the confirmation for outward bound.

I recall someone who has already been on one of these cruises saying that they did not have to reconfirm the return flight, but I can`t remember if they did the outward one or not.

Tony
thanks tony i still have not worked out how to do that quote thing :shrug

jean....... the whats on in rome site lists the two strikes on that date as 'Nazionale' now i think thats national but iam dont speak italian ;) keep a eye out for something in the Interventi della Commissione box as its there version of acas
Just like to wish all who are off shortly, bon voyage, have a great cruise. It will be our turn soon, cant wait. I do feel that we all have earned it. No sign of tickets yet. May where are you? Did you get yours?
Rosie
hi this is patricia63's daughter she is unable to get on line at the moment and she needs magsy to get in touch with her, unfortunately mum has lost magsy telephone number so magsy if u read this and hopefully u have mums number would you please ring her thanx and hi to all the cruisers thanx xxx
I did not re-confirm either of my flights nor, to my knowledge, did anyone else.

Maureen H
Hi Sunflower564 and welcome to HT!

Please do not post in phone style text as this is not allowed as per the T&C's of the site and future posts may be deleted.

luci - HT Mod
Hello Besty,

It's certainly be a good idea to check your flights both now and just before you are due to fly. I am sure you don't need to but with all the recent strikes it'd at least give you piece of mind. Generally whenever i've reconfirmed flights i have phoned the airline. I don't how you'll manage to contact Ryanair though.

Sunflower564,

Magsy, as you'll know, is in Venice now before her cruise on the 12th! Maybe the best way to get in touch would be to send her a private message and if (or when!) she logs on she will pick it up.
I have emailed Sunflower to let her know Magsy is already away and have PM'd Magsy with the message Sunflower has posted.

luci :wave
Hi,

Managed to look at web site and found 2 listed strikes for 18th July- Can anyone translate please?

1. Alitalia - assistanti di volo

2. Aziende del Settore - Personale di terra di tutte le aziende del settore

Help !!!!!!! Should I now start phoning Alitalia, Rise or just wait????

Thanks

Jean and Steve
Jean,

the translation of those messages using http://ets.freetranslation.com/ comes up with :

1 : assisting of flight

2 : Businesses of the Area - Personal of land of everything the businesses of the area

It doesn't seem to make much sense.

I did find this info at : http://strike.skynetblogs.be/

ITALY STRIKE UPDATE

After a "nice chaos" on Saturday May 28th. The following strikes are announced:

June 6th 2005: 4 hours air strike (1200 - 1600) of Pilots for several airline companies, including Alitalia, Meridiana, Airone and AirDolomiti - POSTPONED TO JUNE 26
June 6th 2005: 6 hours air strike (1200 - 1800) of several unions of flight controllers. -POSTPONED TO JULY 7

June 8th 2005: 4 hours air strike (1200 - 1600) of Enav flight controllers. Strike Cancelled.

June 10th 2005: 4 hours air strike (0900 - 1300) Gate Gourmet Airline Catering Milan.

June 17th 2005: 24 hours air strike (0000 - 2400) of Meridiana pilots.

June 18th 2005: 4 hours air strike (1200 - 1600) of Enav flight controllers of Catania.

June 24th 2005: 24 hours strike (0000 - 2400) of Alitalia Ground staff Rome

June 26th 2005: See june 6th.

June 26th 2005: 4 hours air strike (1230 - 1630) of Airport Management & Services.

Strikes are often cancelled at the very last moment.

Hope this helps

:omg Mike
Just had a look on http://www.whatsoninrome.com/strikes.php

The latest for the 18th July is :
FLIGHT ATTENDENTS AND GROUND PERSONNEL STRIKE
July 18: The SULT transportation workers unioin has called for a strike of Alitalia flight attendents and airport ground personnel for the entire day of July 18.

Looking better for you Jean :bow
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.