Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Avenida Hotel
16 Posts
I stayed here a few years ago and its a nice, if not, predominantly Spanish Hotel, though in November, this makes little difference.

Certainly not too far away from the Bristol Park. Very central in the Old Town, should be a lovely atmosphere.

I'd go for it. The reviews on this site are generally positive too :D
We stayed in the Avenida apartments last year and had use of the hotel facilities. There is a small rooftop pool and a terrace for sunbathing which did not get too busy (June). Very well located for the Old Town shopping, and the beach and very little traffic except deliveries. We have not stayed at the Bristol Park but passed it most days, and would probably not want to stay there as it sits right on a very busy road junction and for us this would be major consideration. From a personal point of view the Avenida would be the winner hands down but we cannot comment on food or entertainment as we like Spanish food anyway and never spend our nights in the hotel but prefer the old town bars or new town occasionally for entertainment.
I`m sure you`ll enjoy your holiday especially if it`s during the fiesta.
Hi vodka queen ... in case you haven't seen them, we have reviews of Hotel Avenida HERE. The page also contains reviews of Apartments Avenida which are directly opposite and share some of the facilities, so just be careful to pick out the hotel reviews when browsing through the page.

Given the choice of the 3* Bristol Park or the 4* Hotel Avenida, I personally would certainly opt for the Avenida. It may not have been your first choice but in this case, it would appear to be an upgrade.

The hotel group's website is currently having a revamp, but you can still access some information and photos ... please click here. The English language version is not yet fully updated, but the Spanish language version will provide you with a 12-image slide show.

David :wave
Hi VQ
Given the choice of the 3* Bristol Park or the 4* Hotel Avenida, I personally would certainly opt for the Avenida. It may not have been your first choice but in this case, it would appear to be an upgrade.

I agree with David and I`d opt for the Avenida, especially as it is part of the Ona Sol Group.

Haven`t stayed there, but have been inside on many occasions having a nosey around. :lol:
As David said, they are revamping the English part of their site, but I think you can still view their old page HERE and clicking on the pictures will enlarge them.

SanJi x
thanks for the replys we have gone for the avenida.
We`ve stayed twice in the apartments. We had them recomended to us and we loved them. We went across to the hotel and were very impressed. Everwhere is spotless. We love the location as your close to the old town but not too far from the new. I haven`t been in the Bristol but I`m sure you will enjoy your holiday, as David said I`m sure it will be an upgrade.

Only one thing that I could point out that could be negative is how are you getting from the airport? We went the first time with Mytravel, they took us around the resort first then the droped us by the outdoor market / evamar apartments then told us to get a taxi to the apartments. We were annoyed as we passed by the Apartments twice they wouldn`t stop as its a busy road and no direct access for coaches. We were on the coach longer than on the plane (no fun with a 3 year old). My advice is to ask where they are dropping first and if it would be easier to get off there and taxi from there. They came into Benidorm by the train station, if this is the same I would opt for getting of there as there`s Taxis there or if not you can phone for one at the station. It`s the same on your return trip.

Have a great time look out for Silverman (a human statue) also try the takeaway pizza at the top of the road, it`s to die for!

The second time we did a diy holiday with a private transfer this was perfect.
My friend (who has lived in Benidorm for 30 years) always books her relatives in to the Avenida.

That is good enough for me.
Just booked for a week in May at the Avenida hotel Benidorm.

We have never been to Benidorm before, so would be interested in any info on nice restaurants and bars near by or will we have to go to he "new Part"
Thanks for any help
The Avenida is in a great position. The best of both worlds.

There are lots of good places close by.
We have never been to Benidorm before, so would be interested in any info on nice restaurants and bars near by or will we have to go to he "new Part"
Thanks for any help

The Avenida is on Calle Gambo, you have many good Restaurants in your immeadiate area. Just up on Av Ruzafa there is a decent spanish restaurant called Aitena, in the same little square is a Dutch/Belgium Restaurant called Hof van Holland. I've eaten at both and can reccomend them. Also just a couple of streets along the"walking Street" is Carrer de la Palma, up there are several little restaurants such as Paneils and Two Palms, offering varied menus which seem to get decent write ups, and although i've not tried them yet people have reccomended them to me. The Music Hall Pub is opposite the Two Palms if you like singalongs. Also you are only 5 mins walk at most to "Tapas Alley" - calle Santa Domingo, which has many Tapas Bars and several Spanish Restaurants for you to try. The most famous one being La Cava de la Aragonesa, but they are all worth a try and offer mouthwatering displays of almost any kind of tapa that you could think of. Most of the side streets around that area have several small restaurants and bars in them which you will enjoy exploring, and hopefully finding your own favourites.

Best Regards - Taggy :)
On the Ona Sol webb site there is a Video link of the Avenida hotel.
Does anybody know how to down load this or have a copy that I can show friends.

Thanks
The video is copyright protected, along with the rest of the information on the Ona Sol website, and therefore it will be illegal to download or make a copy.
All you can do, is send your friends a link to the site/page.

http://www.onasol.es/2006/Ingles/avenida.htm

Sanji x
Hello, I just booked this hotel for 29th september got it for £200 for a week
from watching the video the swimming pool is rather narrow and small for a 4 star hotel, althought everything else looks 4 star standards a big special area would of been nice it all looks very costrophobic i think i will probly spend my time in the bars or on the beach and sometimes just use other hotels lol
we stayed in Avenida Apartments in November and we loved them, they are very well located in the old town and with our balcony overlooking the street we were fortunate to have a prime view of a street concert being held over the weekend. Our apartment had a seperate bedroom, a TV and an adequate kitchen. We booked through Broadway travel and although we were self catering we had the option of going half board and eating at the Avenida hotel opposite.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.