Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
The voltage will be 110v so unless your appliances are dual voltage, they won't work. Your straighteners may heat up, but won't get as hot as at home. One suggestion would be to get gas ones.

luci :wave
Thanks for that Luci. I do have a pair of Babylis cordless gas straighteners but they aren't very good. Take ages to warm up and then cos I have long thick hair it takes about an hour to even look anything like straight. With all the security issues at the moment I wasn't sure if I would be able to take the gas refills. I might take an old pair of straighteners and try them - don't want to take my GHDs and risk them being taken off me at the airport.
Have any other ladies ever taken their own hairdryer/straighteners and had any problems?
Took my own hairdryer and had no problem, but it's a very good dual voltage travel one.

Enjoy your cruise. I cruised the Caribbean in March and it was wonderful.

Kath x
Thanks Kath. What type of hairdryer do you have and can I buy one in the UK?
I bought it from Boots a couple of years ago. It has a little button on the side that converts to other voltage.

I am sure you would still be able to get one.

Kath x
Thanks - I'll have a look
GHD
Don't know if you saw the watchdog item on GHD straighteners catching fire even when they're switched off? I think the ones in question were purchased abt 2003. They gave out a helpline number for anyone who's worried.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.