UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
02 ARENA
13 Posts
Hi Marion :wave

THIS link will give you a list of accomodation near the O2 arena.

THIS link gives you the various options of travel from Stanstead airport in to London.

Once you arrive in London it is propably then easiest to take the Underground to your chosen hotel.

Use THIS link to plan and print off Underground routes.

Hope this help a bit
Graham
o2
hi

went to O2 friday night - fantastic. best to get Stanstead express into london - takes 45 mins. I would try and get accomodation near London Bridge - takes 15 mins on the tube to the 02 from there. anthing I can help with please ask,,,,

kev
Hi,

My daughter and 3 friends will be coming up to London on Sunday Jan 20th to see the Spice Girls at the O2 Arena.

What / How is the best way to get there assuming that they will be travelling up to Paddington by train from Cardiff?

If they decide to travel on Saturday and stay over or need to stay over after the concert on the Sunday can anyone recommend some hotel/ travelodge places that will not be too expensive for them.

Thanks

Judith
Hi Judith .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing 02 Arena thread. Perhaps Graham's post above might provide some useful info.

David :wave
Hi Judith, London docklands Travelodge have saver rates of £29 for the Sunday, if they haven't already booked :D
Hi Thanks for the reply.

No they haven't booked anything yet.

Teenagers can't get into gear, it will get expensive if they leave it much longer to book.

Judith
Stayed at the Crowne Plaza in the Docklands and the base rate was £67 but the hotel facilities and staff were superb - Swimming pool, jacuzzi and a gym on site. Our hotel room actually looked towards the 02 arena although I'm not sure if it can be accessed on the DLR.
Just wanted to say that last nite myself and my 7 year old went to the O2 arena to see Take That (It was brill)!!
My reason for posting is to let you know just how easy it is to get too.
We caught the train into London Waterloo arriving at about 6.45pm, then headed down to the Jubilee line where 6 stops later without any changes takes you to Greenwich North Tube station. Basically right under the arena.
Go up 2 flights of escalators, 3 min walk and you are inside.
Really good venue, loads of places to eat and drink, there was an ice rink which I am assuming is temporary coz of season, a big vue cinema and loads more.
It was quick, easy and safe travelling.
Just a tip though, the tube gets absolutely packed after a concert kicks out so just beware of timings.
Our ears are still ringing and our throats hurt .... I relived my early 20's last nite :oops: :lol:
So glad you enjoyed it, I know the feeling of euphoria after a great gig :wink:

Pippy :D
Wow...thanks theenchanted1, answered my question..cheers!

I'm dropping off my daughter and her friend at the O2 to see the Spice Girls and was wondering what on earth to do?!! Answer....eat and see a film at the cinema. Never knew there was a cinema there. Cheers.
we went to the cinema there a while back when it first opened - screen 11 is the largest screen in the UK - watched Die Hard 4 on it, and it was amazing.
Hi,

I'm not in the habit of correcting people, but as I work on the Tube, I thought I would on this occassion. Just in case anyone is searching for the station alphabetically in the on-line journey planners, the station to use for the O2 Arena is actually North Greenwich and not Greenwich North.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.