Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hello

Do not worry the hotel is built and has been complete for a few years now.

I think the website is a relaunch hence the under construction message .I would not hold high hopes of seeing any changes to the website in the near future.

There isn't much to be found on the web about the hotel but here is a link with some pictures.This site also has useful information about El Gouna and is updated regularly.

http://www.elgounatimes.com/photos/index.php?cat=66

Hope this helps
Thanks for these links, really useful - hotel looks good and in the heart of things too. Cheers
The Arena Hotel appears in the HT reviews, but no one has posted anything yet.

The hotel's own websiote is here, but the website (apparently unlike the hotel itself) is still 'under construction'.
I did manage to get a prompt response from this hotel via email - they have been extremely helpful and even emailed me photos! It looks really nice, and apparently they offer free transport to the beach [three minutes by shuttle bus or seven minutes by boat] where there are complimentary sunbeds/towels etc... looks like we might be sorted!
If the beach is seven minutes away by boat is it an offshore hotel? :hmmm
Looking at the map I think the beach is off-shore!
It's not off shore rather the beach is at the other side of a lagoon.
Thats us booked! Got a smashing deal - four adults for £1316 from London for two weeks at the beginning of July, b and b. Just keeping fingers crossed its ok!
ElleDee,

Great news, look forward to meeting you when you arrive. Just ask for Mr Willie at reception or look for a fat, balding Jock with no dress sense.

Willie G
PS Take sun screen, it costs a fortune here
If the beach is seven minutes away by boat is it an offshore hotel? Confused

El Gouna is known as the Venice of Egypt it is conected by a series of canals that lead to the sea
Mr Willie... do you work at the Arena? If so, can you answer a couple of questions please. Does the hotel supply pool towels - I did find out that they supply towels on the beach. Also can you swim in the lagoons and what is snorkelling like in the area? Cheers.
Elledee,

No I'm a bona fide long term guest at the hotel. But I will try and answer your questions.

Towels are available for the pool area. I have'nt seen anyone swimming in the lagoon. I think there should be plenty of snorkelling, but I can't say for certain. I know that there's a lot of scuba diving in this area, so I suppose........

Enjoy your break in the sun, see you in July

Willie G
Willie G

Thanks for your advice. There doesnt seem to be much info about El Gouna on this forum compaired to Sharm and Luxor. Are there lots of nice places to eat, and places to avoid!!!! Dont want to end up with too many tummy bugs when over!

One important question - are there enough sun beds for demand?? Last year in Sharm we were at a newly built hotel and unless you were up at the crack of dawn, literally, you were unable to secure a sun bed??

ElleDee
ElleDee,

As Briar says, there is a thread on El Gouna for general questions. As for the Arenna Inn, perhaps the following info will be of use...

The hotel offers B&B, half board, full board and AI deals. You should ask for an upgrade to something that suits you when you check in.

Plenty of sun loungers, well I havn't seen anyone fighting over them yet.

Hotel beach area is available (ah, so that's why there's room at the pool)

Beer is 18LE in hotel, compared to 22LE in Jobo's sport bar. Pina colada is 28LE compared to 40LE in a downtown bar. so I suppose the Arenna prices are reasonable (for El Gouna).

Food and service areas everywhere in el gouna are clean and good.

There are no ironing or tea/coffee making facilities in Arenna rooms.

That's about all I can think of for now. I'll keep an eye on the El Gouna thread if you have any more questions.

Cheers

Willie G
Thanks for all that useful info Willie... only four weeks on Friday!!! Cheers, ElleDee
Just thought of something else... does the Arena have a foreign exchange desk... are sterling travellers cheques best to bring? ElleDee
Sorry, there's no FX at Arena. You have to use the bank. Take cheques or cash, it's up to you. But I suppose cheques are safer.

Willie G
PS There is a safety deposit box in the room (no extra charge) or you can let me look after your money. As Father Ted said "The money was resting in my account!" :lol:
Briar - just gone into the link again that you posted on the El Gouna thread and couldnt get it... must be because of the different web address now? I am just wondering how many banks are in El Gouna and if its safe enough to bring a debit card to use at a 'hole in the wall?? Cause if there is only one with a cash machine, and the cash machine goes down, as they do here, we could be snookered. ElleDee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.