Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I flew from there booked on their website very cheap and you can use the short stay which is right outside the front door.
New Spanish routes from Norwich

Three low-fare services to Spain are to be established from Norwich this summer by Spanish carrier LTE.

Weekly flights Alicante, Barcelona and Palma are to start on July 5 with one-way fares starting at £69 (including taxes and charges). Tickets go on sale today.

Norwich airport has a high-profile marketing campaign planned to advertise the new services across its East Anglian catchment area.

Michael Harrington, managing director of the Palma-based airline, said: "These will be our first scheduled flights from a regional airport in the UK and we have chosen Norwich because of its strong local catchment area and the support we have had from the airport.

"We want to establish ourselves as the reference airline for Spanish destinations from Norwich and we are looking forward to extending the range of destinations served and frequency of flights."

Airport managing director Richard Jenner said: "They are an established charter airline, having worked with UK tour operators such as Thomas Cook and Thomson - indeed, many passengers from Norwich have already flown with LTE to Lanzarote on First Choice holidays."

"This is a great fit for us - LTE has a three - to five-year plan to develop its route network here.

"They want to fly throughout the winter and then if demand is there over a period of time, they want to increase services to three times a week, which will open up the short breaks and second homeowner markets."

LTE runs a fleet of seven 180-seat Airbus A320s.

With permission from Travelmole
Spanish operator LTE formrly Volar Airlines is expected to launc scheduled operations from Norwich to Alicante, Barcelona and Palma.

Anyone from that area seen or heard anything locally?

Could commence later in the year.

Nivsy
  • Edited by David 2008-06-15 09:12:50
    Hi Nivsy ... post merged with our Norwich Airport topic, some info about the new services can be found in an earlier post.
Does anyone no if there is any truth in the rumours that as of next year they will be axeing their to tenerife. :que
Thomson has apparently axed winter services from Norwich Airport to Tenerife and Gran Canaria, saying that they are no longer commercially viable. Passengers already booked on these services will have their flights re-arranged through alternative airports, subject to availability. The decision is believed to be partly related to Norwich Airport's decision to increase its Airport Development Fee (ADF) from £3 to £5 per passenger from September.

David :wave
Hi All,

Just to say the Airport Development Fee is a charge EVERYONE including children have to pay who are flying out of norwich.

you purchase a ticket to go thru to departures - if you dont pay you dont go !! :fly

Its a rip off - you would think they would want more passengers to use the airport not to turn them off and travel via other ones. if we all stopped using norwich then they may re-think the charge, with the loss of thomson they have lost a lot of passengers that spend money in the cafe, duty free etc so all will suffer.
what is going on with the flights for summer 2009 from norwich airport, i have booked a holiday to tenerife for next july , after a conversation with someone from thomsons yesterday on the phone they have told me that the chances of flying from norwich next year are slim, but it will be a long time till they can give me a definate answer as they are waiting to hear from air europa. i am due to pay the rest of my deposit in 3 weeks and would love some answers.If anyone has any news i would love to no.
am flying from norwich airport this year (August) anyone any suggestions on cheap parking ? do i need to book early
Hi,don't think there is any cheap parking on site,where are you coming from,I live in Norwich,not far from the airport but unfortunately we already have three cars in our drive,a friend of ours was debating about renting her drive ,if airport parking is too dear pm me and I will see if I can help you.
Norwich Airport charges £10 per adult before you go through security - they call this "Airport Development Fee "
is this legal ?
Gregg,

Yes, and is nothing new. It's been operating at other airports such as Newquay, Blackpool and Knock for a number of years.

Darren
Hi I have a flight booked out of Norwich airport in the summer to Tunisia, flight departure time is 6:30 am, but the airport doesn't open till 5:00am. I though you had two check in 2 hours before.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.