Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Please note that during the changes being made the site will go offline temporarily.

We are currently unsure for how long but will have a rough estimate soon.

We will announce the dates and times of the offline time as soon as a decision is made.

Van :wave
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Naturally we want to make the change as swift as possible and as pleasant as possible for all.

We are hoping to keep the board open on a read only basis for a period of the upgrade so whilst you will not be able to post you will be able to read the board. However, this is not possible for the full duration of the upgrade and there will be at least two occasions where you will see a notice informing you the board is being upgraded. We will keep these periods as short as possible.

Hopefully we should have a timeline for you within 36 hours.

Regards

Those members that wish to retain their Avatar and are not too sure how to do this, are encouraged to make a post in this topic:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=110625

so a member of staff or a helpful member of HT can advise you of the link.

The topics will remain after the upgrade, so the link can be retrieved from the topic and then used to add to your profile so it shows your Avatar when making posts on the new piece of kit.

Mark :D
Please use this topic to for discussion and queries on the Upgrade Process itself
During the next few days you will all see a reduction of the number of posts on the forums.

We are in the process of deleting redundant posts from the forum to speed up the conversion from the old to the new software.

This deletion of topics will substantially reduce the downtime whilst the conversion takes place.

As Van has stated elsewhere, we will inform you of the period of time the forums will be unavailable for either viewing and/or posting.

Regular updates will be made in this topic, so be sure to check back from time to time.

MarkJ HT Mod
A very sneak preview of what is expected:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5277/screen1cg2.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9277/screen2ha3.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7813/screen3tu9.jpg

Ahhh, minor point, but going on the view of the preview, are the post counts under the members avatar, now going to be reinstated.?

Irrelevant really, but I'm a nosey beggar. :lol:
Are you sure you couldn't do this on Xmas day.? :rofl

Sanjiiiiiiiiiii
I'll leave that for the boss to answer :wink:

Hiya :D

Is this Beta going live? Just one question, will info that we have in our pms remain there? Only I have some useful stuff I have been sent over the years and if there's a chance it might disappear I will print it out.

Cheers, Doe
Hi Doe,

Firstly it's not Beta :D This is the first official release that will go live on HT...I've resisted the temptation to intall the betas prely and simply to avoid any headaches for the members.

I've done a dry run and am pleased to say it's gone 100% ok....

I'll be making an announcement tomorrow for a time scale and implementation date.

Suffice it to say all PMs came across pefectly...as did all members and all posts/topics but feel free to backup anytihng you like for safeties sake.

HTH

Van
Tuesday 18th December @ 3pm

The holidaytruths site will go offline for a period of approx 9 hours.

During this time you will be unable to access the site.

We were hoping to keep the site open on a read only basis but unfortunately that will not be possible.

We will endeavour to get the site back online before the midnight deadline so please feel free to keep checking back on that day.

The new software includes many new options for member, mods and admins and we hope these new features will make holidaytruths an even better experience.

Regards

Ahhh, minor point, but going on the view of the preview, are the post counts under the members avatar, now going to be reinstated.?

well, seeing as the boss hasn't answered yet( :lol: ) I have to say that I hope they aren't. For a start we like to clear forums of out of date info every so often and unfortunately it means a member's post count goes down. And more importantly, its best to concentrate on quality not quantity :wink: . ( but you can actually see your postcount if you check your profile)
You will be Offline :shock: :sulk

Good Luck with the change over :gluck
I keep looking at the countdown clock and expect 007 to appear and rescue us all before the bomb explodes. :rofl
its best to concentrate on quality not quantity

That's been my philosophy all my life. :rofl

OK, I'll get my coat :lol:

Sanji x
Is this the right info you need to put my Ross back when the upgrade is complete?

Thanks michelle x

http://holidayforums.co.uk/images/michelle.jpg
Yes Michelle...

You can paste the link back into your profile once the upgrade is done and Ross will reappear...

Van :kiss
Thanx Van, you're an Angel :hyper
Ooooh! NO! 9 hours without HT???? whatever will I do? Could always get some housework done I suppose.... :cry: ....Linda x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.