America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Thank you so much for that Judith - I was unaware of the s c a m and will go onto tripadvisor as you suggest.

There were similar complexes to the Radio City Complex however they were extremely expensive. Ah well it wont be the end of the world to go for a hotel instead!

I will also look at the Affina group.

thanks again :wave:
If you use the Search facility, several members have used Radio City Apartments and been very happy with them.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci unfortunately Judith and I have both checked and they dont have availability for the week we wanted. I have emailed them asking if they would let us know if they get a cancellation. In the meantime we are looking at the Affina.
Has anyone bought the New York Pass and is it worth it off to NYC on 27 November for 5 days, just in time for Black Friday :)
Hi,

Just booked a trip to NYC 24-28 May next year.

Can anyone reccomend somewhere near Broadway for Cocktails? We are hoping to have few after watching Wicked.

When we were in Boston we went to Top of the Hub, which is a cocktail/jazz bar on 52nd floor of the Prudential tower, Im after something along those lines? I did search fisrt but couldnt find anything

BTW my first NYC trip and Im sooooo excited! :D

Em. x
Hi Everyone

I am going to New York in 5 weeks for my Daughters 18th Birthday...now the probs we have are the evenings as she is under 21. Can you recomend something for us to do other than clubs and bars? Wed have booked a shoe 1 evening but have another 6 to think about!!

Cheers
Hi Liz,

A couple of things we did in the evenings

1. Empire state, went after dinner was a bit busy, we did the sky ride as well, which was only about $5 extra and you get a motion simulator ride from a helicopter perspective, worth the extra I think, we got there about 8 and didnt leave till gone 10.

2. Broadway show, book in advance and you can get really good seats, I got middle of row A in Grand circle (always my preferred choice)

3. Most of the shops are open until 8-10pm so you can have an early dinner then a wander round macys, bloomingdales etc.....

4. Go for a night time tour, I havent used this company myself, but looks quite good http://www.citysightsny.com/tourpage.php?item=NTTOR

Also depend on when you go but have a look for free outdoor movie shows, its something I wanted to do but didnt get a chance http://www.centralpark.com/pages/activities/movies.html other places do it as well, so have a scout about on google.

Also depending on where you are staying, a good burger bar is http://www.heartlandbrewery.com/Times_Square.php its more of a food place, the bar is actually next door, but yu should check if under 21's allaowed

And also http://ellensstardust.com/ its a proper american diner 1950's style where the staff all sing and dance, and its not as cheesy as it sounds, its ACE!

Hope this helps :D
Hi I went to New York a few years ago with my Daughter for her 18th but couldn't go out for a drink etc due to her being under 21...I done a lot of day time sight seeing and Times Square etc of an evening but never ventured to far as it was real cold when we went and snowing.
I am going in October with my husband and we have lots planned during the day but need advice on good bars and restaurants near times square as that is where we are staying?

Also any near by bars that have sky sports as Liverpool play while we are there (this would be at 8am in New York) would there be anywhere open to watch the match?

Any further advice appreciated.
Hello lovely holidaymakers! :)

I used to be a regular on this site and cannot believe I haven't been on in THREE years!!! :yikes A lot has happened, but still :yikes

Anyway I digress...am looking for some help and advice please. My sis and I are off to NY for five days in October, our first time and we are excited. I am usually v pro-active about making plans but for various reasons haven't been...still have a few weeks so looking for recommendations of all sorts.

I want to do the Friends and SATC tours..at least one of them but ideally both whereas she's not so bothered...I am also keen to do a food tour if anyone has any info on them? Also looking for bar and restaurant recs...we are staying at the New Yorker and haven't even figured out whereabouts it is! I am hopeless at the mo, please help!

Cheers
xxx
To both the above posters. Get ready for the most awesome time of your lives,
I have been to New York for the past 3 years, can't resist the place, and am already
to go next year again...Stayed in The New Yorker for the first Two years and this year
spent 12 days in the Jewel Facing Rockerfeller,,,
I can't offer any advice on the Tv themed or Food tours as they seemed like an utter
waster of money to me, we have used the open top bus tours on every visit though.
Grey Line and NYcity sights. Both are excellent value when you combine them with tickets
to entry to the top attractions, like the cruise out to the staute of liberty/liberty Island/Ellis Island
entry to the top of the rock and entry to the Empire state building.
There are bus guides that are better than others but 99% of them are super informative and know
everything there is to know about the city....Food wise around times square, We ate at Juniors
for 6 nights out of the 12 we were there this year, amazing value for their Monster size meals
and without a shadow of a doubt the best cheescake in the world bar none....Carnegie Deli
which is above times square(about a five-ten minute walk) is the greatest Deli i've eaten at
It was far better than Katz's which seems to gain all the plaudits due to it's featuring in
when harry met sally and an episode of Man V's Food....If you have anymroe questions
feel free to ask me, I now at least feel a partial expert on New York having been there enough times. Have a great time Rich
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.