Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Weddings in Goa
110 Posts
last year weddings for foreigners were stopped, something to do with the elections, but it is now possible to get married in india, we have booked to get married next nov on the beach at candolim, im really looking forward to it, but i am slightly afraid of the plans being cooked up for the hen night.
Hi Lin

are you having the civil wedding also in Goa and the blessing on the beach, or getting married here and then doing the blessing on the beach.

Me and my wife got married in goa in 2003 and the blessing side of things was more than we could ever have imagined (could put you onto a couple of ppl if you havent arranged it yet). Cost me £1200 for food for 50ppl free bar for the same all day and night, elephants to take us to the beach, 40 mins of fireworks and fire eaters, live band on a stage on the beach, 96 photos of the occasion, shack being all done up, holy man, wedding cake etc.

However the civil side was a nightmare, had to go to mapusa everyday for 7 straight days to the registrar and courts to be able todo it. Had to go before the magistrate many times to have all our details checked and double checked inc all witnesses who had to answer questions about us. And even after all that we was lucky because the magistrate had lost her husband a few years before and we were the first ppl (inc locals) who she allowed to marry.

If your there for a length of time it doesnt really matter however on a two week holiday spending half of it in mapusa in a room with no ac and not being able to leave whilst waiting for the judge was really a nightmare. And the best part of it at the end of it all we were ushered into a room at the registry office told to sign two bits of paper and that was it, so unromantic. So we take our wedding date from the blessing.

Wish you all the best.

Regards

Peter

ps. the above was not meant to worry you or strike fear into you at all, just want you to be aware.
We have a wedding planner in goa, i recently watched a wedding on the beach where we are having ours, I know about the court appearences and witnesses ect i can't really elaborate as some details are top secret, i will pm you to explain myself.
Oh Lin!!! You've got me intrigued now!!! Let me know too????? :wink:
Pam you hav'nt put any details in your profile you could be someone who is meant to be kept in the dark!
:shock: :yikes :yikes I've only spoken to you once on the phone! :lol: :lol: What do you need to know?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Joe's Life...my lips are sealed!!! (Joe was an old bulldog of ours....if we said Joes Life...our boys HAD to tell the truth...and they did for fear of poor old Joe...!! Joe's been dead 16 years now...but it still stands!!! :lol: :lol: )
Of course you have i'm sooo sorry must still be jet lagged or just stunned by how b***** cold it is!!! :hmmm
What song would you play at the end of the ceremony, the theme being a fun beach wedding, so far i have come up with I've had the time of my life, from dirty dancing! any ideas welcome.
Hi all
Going to south goa (heritage village, colva) at end of march, we went there on honeymoon 2 years ago and was wondering, does anyone know if it's possible to have wedding vows renewed (ahhhhhhhhh) anywhere near there??
Thanks all
Chris.... :D :D :D
should be able to, but will take some time to arrange.

I got married in Goa in Nov 2003 and the civil side was a total nightmare, however the blessing on the beach was excellent.

Could be worth getting in touch with your hotel and they will be able to arrange something for you. But the holy man we had was a bit excentric to say the least, going on about marriage is like a sunken ship and all kinds of stuff like that, funny but a bit wierd.
There is a wedding planner in candolim who will organise weddings or blessings, you can do it on the beach, on a yacht, or even under water although how you would be able to repeat your vows under water beats me.
I think the name of the tour company that arranges it is called Footsteps!
mrstella
Hey, thanks for the info...
I will "ask around" at hotel..
Many thanks....
Chris... 8)
Line bee
Great, thanks..
will give it a go! underwater sounds good!!!! lol
chris.. :shock:
My partner is taking his vows under water I'll be the one on the yacht :rofl :rofl :rofl
Lester Melo is the wedding co-ordinator you can make arrangements on line.
http://www.melotours.com
email: weddings@melotours.com

Lin :kiss :love :love2 :kiss
Chris

We are going to the Heritage Village on March 10th coming back on the 24th. When do you get there.

Sue
I AM USING CAPS BECAUSE I WANT MY HUSBAND TO SEE THIS!!!!
I have been pestering the other half for years to have a blessing in Goa. At the moment he's not having any of it. I've said how romantic it would be, a blessing in our favourite place, surrounded by friends and family. I don't know if its the thought of the blessing or the family that's putting him off but he's totally unromantic and doesn't see that keen (that's an understatement). I suppose I could ditch the family, but mark my words, I'll wear him down eventually. I'll perhaps accidentally on purpose take him to someone who can arrange this for us when I'm there in March.
Shaz you are going about this the wrong way, what you have to sell to him is the chance of a second stag night, a great bar or shack crawl at a fraction of the price here!!!!! :love :love2 :kiss
Good one Lin, he's bound to fall for that one, he's a right tight wad. Why do you think we ended up at the local bars. For him it wasn't the ambience, it was definitely the prices. Every year when we go he has to try and beat the previous years spending. Give it another 2 years and I'll have to sell my body when we get there, and believe me that won't get us many meals!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.