Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
went last year but we only did the daytime trip,which was a good day out,i believe they have a line dance and meals of an evening though
Can't comment on the daytime bit the nightout is just linedancing,Ok if you like that sort of thing.IMO not worth the money.
Hi we're off to good ol Lanzarote at end of January and taking my niece who's 8. We've heard that Rancho Texas has things on in the day which might be worth going to with a young one Anyone been to this or know what is there? cheers Jan :)
its a good day out. theres a parrot show,birds of prey display which is excellent with the birds flying over the audience,crocodiles ,canoe rides for the kids,also a bird park,the park is done out in an indian resavation theme.of an evening
they have line dancing .my kids were 7 and 13 and they enjoyed it. :pele
Thanks. Looks like we'll be checking that one out. Being called Rancho is there horses there as well? :)
Just to let you know that we also enjoyed the Rancho Texas day and night.

During the day you wander round at your pleasure with all the various shows on at different time of the day. We found that during the day they only had small ponies for the younger children to ride but at night they did have a big horse for the older ones to ride.

The food was ok and not too expensive and obviously at night the food is included in the cost. This was gorgeous with salads, dips and bbq chicken and pork ribs with free flowing beer and sangria. I managed to go through 1.5 jugs of sangria myself and not feel drunk but by the time i dont; remember going to bed that night!! I spoke to a girl called Vicki who works there and she told me that they put alsorts of alcohol into it so its no wonder i was drunk!

They also take the kids of your hands for a while and play games with them, give them the horse ride, very short ride though and it gives you time to try to line dancing in peace.

It was a really good night, if you book it independantly and not through hotel, you have to make your own way there by taxi and also back again. It only costs about 3 -4 euros so not expensive.

My kids enjoyed it and they were 13, 10 and 2.

Enjoy your hols!

Carol
Thanks for the info. Sounds a pretty good mixture of things going on, so we'll be making our way up there to have a look! cheers Jan :)
We stayed at los zocos, and the reps took the children there solo, for a whole day?

Our 2 boys were 6 & 8 and thoroughly enjoyed it, and they had real chicken nuggets!!! so they said.

We have 2 large photos of them on different horses as a momento of the trip.

The boys were well impressed.
me and my boyfriend at the time went there as a day excursion back in september, i was 18, hes 22 and we thoroughly enjoyed it! still got my photo of me holding the parrots as my memento! would definitely recommend it! :D :D
I beg to differ I'm afraid.

We went there last April and enjoyed the ranch thoroughly in the daytime. Went to the evening one and found it a total waste of money. It cost about £100 for the 4 of us, the children ate very little apart from baked beans as only ribs and chicken legs did not appeal to little ones and then our plates were practically snatched for under our noses.

The bouncy castle advertised was deflated after each child had bounced fpr only a few minutes and the 'pony ride' consisted of walking only a few feet. The children ended up in a room crayoning of all things, call that entertainment!!!

Cowboys repeatedly lassooed and dragged chidren along the floor for about an hour, yawn, and then we were to watch and clap as they lined danced. Eventually we were permitted to join in, hurrah!

They rely on you to get drunk and then you think you've had a good time in my opinion, but a hefty price to do so. When we we there lots of people paid for there own taxis to go home early as they were bored to tears and alot more queued to complain of the poor quality to the reps.

I hasten to add that I've been to lots of these types of excursions and have never been disappointed like this before.
Thanks for all your comments - much appreciated. At the moment I think we are planning to go there in the day as it sounds ok. Not sure about the evening as maybe we'll find some suitable bars etc with entertainment in town. cheers Jan
We were in Lanzarote two years ago and never went to Rancho Texas. This time around we really want to go. We had a look at some of the leaflets we got when we were there last and saw that Rancho Texas night out was only on Saturday nights. Now this was given to us by the First Choice rep so I dont know if only First Choice organise trips to go there on Saturday nights or what.

Anyone have any info on this? As we are leaving Ireland on a Sunday and travelling back on a Saturday we would definetly miss out on the Rancho Texas night out!

Thanks!
Depends on your holiday company what night is "your" night at Rancho Texas! It certainly is not just for First Choice! And even if your company doesn't have an allocation, you can go as individuals! It is an absolutely brilliant night out, and you really must go!!

If you can tell me when you are going to Lanzarote, and with which company, I will find out when your night will be. If there is then a problem, I can make you a private reservation if you would like me to!!! As long as I have your name, and the number of ppl wanting to go, you would then just pay on the door :D You can't just turn up unfortunately.
we went a couple of years back. in the day time which the kids loved,as for the evenings you could make your own arrangements if you wished
I personally thought the evening excursion here was a rip off. My view can be found here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=153218&highlight=#153218 although others have enjoyed it.

There was a lot of disappointed customers though when we were there and many left early. I usually really enjoy these type of nights but thought this rather boring and amateurish for the cost. I suppose it's each to their own and maybe different views depending on what you have been to to compare them to.

We'd previously been in the daytime and had a really good time though in comparison.
What a shame pamplemousse! It has been a while since I went to a Rancho Texas evening do, but I have always enjoyed them! They were set up originally for the residents on the island, and we used to go every week. Then they opened it up to visiting clients, who also enjoyed it. Not so much line dancing on the "tourist" nights obviously, but I thought it was a good mix of everything. The food was very carefully thought out, with chicken, ribs and steaks, salads, and beans and baked potatoes, so that young and old could find something to eat. Watch that hot sauce though!!!!! And I never found a plate taken away unless you said they could take it. You can go up as many times as you like for food, but they are fairly quick at taking away the food tables, ready to get on with the rest of the entertainment!!!!
I'd like to see Rancho Texas during the day, but we're not really bothered about the evening do, we're not much into line-dancing and we've got all-inclusive food and drink at the hotel.
How much is it to go during the day? What time should you get there, and what time do you have to leave if you don't want to stay for the night do? We'll be travelling from Costa Teguise - is Rancho Texas far from a bus stop? I had a map somewhere which we picked up last year, but I can't find it now.
I agree that the food was good for the adults Madsue, but if the youngsters didn't like meat, as often the very young don't ,then there wasn't much on offer for them. I think the problem with the err, rather rapid meal collection shall we say :wink: is that it takes quite a while to be served so if your tables were one of the last you weren't given adequete time to eat it. Shame in my opinion you couldn't carry on eating whilst spectating as at other excursions of this ilk.

One of my main disappointments was that there was in fact very little for the children on offer. As I stated in the previous thread, pony rides and bouncy castles that were advertised lasted literally seconds, the disco for them purely minutes, and then entertainment consisted of colouring!! The lassoing was fine but lasted far too long as was watching the line dancing display. I'm afraid I stand by the fact that I found it thoroughly boring and poor value for money. The only ones who seemed to appreicate it was those who were bladdered, I rest my case :D

The daytime though offered various shows and activities and was well worth the money, especially done independently and I would recommend that no problem.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.