Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Steve,

Can anyone give advise as what the weather is REALLY like then.

That's very difficult to answer! As this is within the 'hurrican season', there is a chance that the weather will be changable due to storms. However, you might be lucky and get 2 weeks of glorious sunshine. For historical weather data and up to date forecast, have a look at this. I normally have my Caribbean holiday in March when the weather is a little more predictable.

Resort wise, I went to Ocho Rios a couple of years ago and stopped at teh Rennaisance Jamaica Grande which was wonderful (I beleive this hotel has been sold and renovated recently and isn't a good as when the Rennaisance chain had it). Ocho Rios is a nice place in a good location. The cruise ships dock here so it does tend to get busy when the boats arive but apart from that, its a fab place. The sunsets are amazing.

Darren
Hi there i went to Jamacia in october almost three years ago.and yes we knew it was the hurricane season and yes we did have a hurricane.
When we landing we had to stay in Montego Bay as we could not get to Ochio Rios due to the road outside our Hotel being flooded.
Whilst in Montego Bay the hotel staff were very friendly and calm you can tell there used to it.
The winds were very high and the rain just poured for two days other than a few buckets in reception from leaky roofs the staff made us feel safe.
After two days we were transfered to how hotel the weather was gorgous for the remainder of how holiday and am still glad i went as it was an exprience we did fly out without the children and am glad.If i was taking them with me i definetly would go between december and march.
Its your choice at the end of the day.
My brothers just came back from Cuba this week and he had great weather all through is stay. :D
Hi went to Jamacia in sept 2003.Only had 2 maybe 3 days were we had rain.these were only showers that did not last long and usually started late afternoon.We stayed at falmouth in the starfish trewlanny.It was rated as a 3*+ and was more than adequate.The rooms were cleaned daily and you had your own mini bar{free}.There were also bungelows which faced onto the main pool.There was another pool,hottubs and just past the main pool was the hotels beach.About 10 metresinto the water was a manmade island with sunloungers and hammocks{not sure if it will still be there after last years hurricane]There was a buffet restaurant and 3 others which carried a small surcharge but were worth it for a change.Entertainment every evening and also a disco.Trips were good went to dunns river falls and bareback riding in the sea cant remember the prices offhand.overall we had a really good holiday and would go back.The place was really friendly and met some lovely people.Had many a good night on the banana daqueries! If there is anything else you would like to know ask and i will try to answer. bye for now
Hi
We got back from the starfish trelawney in june this year, the island is still there and we had a fantastic holiday, We were there before the Hurricanes The weather was fantastic, I really thought that if we got rain that it would spoil the holiday, well for a couple of days we got some thunderstorms, but after about an hour it was glorious again, and one day we got constant rain, we visited the Dunns River Falls on this day and believe me the rain didn't spoil anything at all.
We still climbed the falls in our swimwear and it was still red hot, I can honestly say that we were quite glad of the rain, just to cool you down a little.
Our holiday was wonderful, no complaints at all, the hotel was brilliant, don't believe the bad reviews you will read, Jamaica is great, hope to go again one day,
Do not worry about the weather.
we went to Jamaica 2 years ago at the end of September and although we only went for a week we only had one shower which only lasted about 15 minutes. Threst of the week was beautiful. We went back to Jamaica last year in October and again the weather was lovely, apart from the odd shower. We stayed both times at Sandals resorts and I would highly recommend them, although I think they are closing a couple of them down for a few months to do some upgrading to them but by next year that will be finished. You can go from one sandals to another and use their restaurants and all their facilities which is really good. Let me know if you need more info on the Sandals resorts we stayed in. They were Sandals Montego Bay and Sandals Dunn's River. Cheers, Maryjo
Negril is my favourite. It is so laid back there. The beach is 7 miles long. The beach parties are cool and free, well they used to be. Port Antonio is beautiful but not many travel agents offer that resort. The more expensive agents do likeBritish Airways. It depends on what you are looking for really.
Hello

Me and my boyfriend are going to Jamaica in February for the first time. Im not sure of what currency to take for trips and tips etc, are local currency or US dollars preferred? Also what can we expect from the weather in Feb?

Thanks

Lisa
Lisa

We went to Jamaica in October 2004 and at that time $US was KING!!! I am sure things won't have changed - the Jamaican dollar is used I think by locals but everywhere we went they wanted the US$. The rate against the £ was good even then, but not as good as it is now!! :pele

So not only will you have a fabulous time you will also find it quite cheap!!! :yipee

Have a marvellous time...weather in October/November was very good and I gather February is a very popular time so weather is bound to be good...it will be better than here anyway!!!

Try INVALID URL and key in Jamaica - it will give you a forecast and details on weather for the whole year round. You can even get historical data.
Thanks for that Susannah

Cant wait to go!! 9 weeks and counting!

Lisa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.