Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Las Americas is a resort in the district of Adeje.
I expect their are web sites which contain reviews of all the hotels in the areas concerned.
Their are a number of beaches in Adjeje, some on the blackish side.
Regards,
Billyboy.
Hi there

Costa Adeje is actually a suburb of PDLA. Basically, it is the new upmarket area of PDLA. It is actually joined on to PDLA and I think Costa Adeje is classed as being everything north of the Torviscas playa hotel. It is very similar to what costa meloneras in Gran Canaria is to PDI/Maspalomas.
Costa Adeje consists of mainly 4/5* hotels and apartments. Most of the nightlife here is in the Fanabe beachfront area along with excellent restaurants. The nightlife is varied from quiet bars to karaoke/show bars. However, a short stroll in the direction of PDLA will bring you to numerous more bars and restaurants and this is even before hitting central PDLA.
The main beach at fanabe and puerto colon beach are both excellent with mixed black/imported sand beaches.
The weather in this part of Tenerife is usually the same as southern Gran Canaria.
There are numerous quality 4/5* hotels in Adeje so as for a recommendation I would start by looking at Bahia Princess, Guayarmina Princess, Torviscas Playa, Riu Adeje, Jacaranda, Fanabe costa sur, Gran Tacande and Gran hotel costa adeje. These are some of the more popular hotels on a half board basis, however there are loads more doing all ranges from self catering to all inclusive.
We stayed at the Torviscas Playa in July, which was an amazing hotel (4*). However if your looking for something more palatial then perhaps the Bahia Princess or the Guayarmina Princess, both very good hotels. We have friends who return to these hotels every year! The more north of the area you go, the more upmarket and expensive the hotels are. There are some gorgeous hotels around the Playa Del Duque area of Adeje. There are enough shops, bars and restaurants for a holiday, however if you want a more wild night out/chage of scenery/or just more variation the Las Americas is about a half an hour walk, or short taxi ride.

I have never been during the time of year you are looking to go in, but as a year round destination, I can imagine it to be very good weather for the time of year (around the 23c mark, so ive heard)

If you have any more questions I will help the best I can!!

Regards
Thank you both so much for your detalied replies it answers all of my questions
Off to book it tomorrow so Ill let you know what hotel we go for
Polar x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.