Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
darren your a star m8 thanks for the post much appreciated
My boyfriend and I are spending Christmas at PRDO and I was wondering if there is anything we should be doing in advance, eg. should we be trying to pre-book our restaurants? I have read so much useful advice on this site about pre-booking and which restaurants are nice, but i'm not sure if it all changes around Christmas?

Any help would be gratefully received!

I am sooooo excited about going to PRDO as I have read so many fantastic things about it. So what if it cost me an arm and a leg.... we're going to have the time of our lives!!!
Also, I am expecting my b/f to propose to me whilst we're away (we've bought the ring already.. just in case you think i'm being very pushy!, so i'm going to get him on this site so that he can be inspired!!!

Only 21 more days to go!!

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Claire
has anyone been recently? is the new beach restaurant open yet? at Xmas it was expected to open "soon" but I am well aware of how long "soon" can last at the PRDO.

We are travelling back out there for our 8th visit on 11th July, might be our last!
We were out there in Jan and it had not quite opened. A firend of ours came back lat week and said it was open and beautiful...........but not the same atmosphere as the old one sadly! Roberto is missing the contact with the chefs and the bar staff and there is not a brilliant view of the ocean.

However, saying that I would think it just needs time to settle in and maybe it will be better once the old one is demolished.

We love it there, booked to go back for our 3rd visit the day we got back from our last one!
thanks Sarah

we love it too!
Does anyone have an up to date email address for this hotel? We are due to stay here on 21st October and have had no success contacting the hotel on the previous email addresses posted in this thread :(

Cazz
Hi Cassholly:

You could try:

Paradisus Río de Oro
Playa Esmeralda / Crta. Guardalavaca Rafael Freyre - Holguin, CUBA
Tel: (53) 24 30090- Fax: (53) 24 30095
E-mail: paradisus.rio.de.oro@solmelia.com
Website: http://www.solmelia.com/solNew/hoteles/jsp/C_Hotel_Description.jsp?codigoHotel=5874

or the contact info on the Sol Melia Cuba site may be a bit more detailed:

http://www.solmeliacuba.com/hotels/index.php?page=show_contacts&hotel=8

GG ;-)
Hi GG,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately we have already tried the email address you supplied and have also tried to contact the hotel via the website. We are going to the Rio de Oro for our wedding anniversary and wanted to make a dinner reservation for that evening. Just have to keep our fingers crossed when we arrive I think!

Cazz
Hi have you tried http://www.solmeliacuba.com this is the address they give on trip advisor.
Try

jefe.rrpp.pro@solmeliacuba.com

Think that one is for cutomer services.

reservas.restaurantes.pro@solmeliacuba

That one is the one I used for reservations, request read receipt, tell them you would like a reply and send high importance!!

Beautiful place, i love it there!! Do go to the spa for a day!!
Ali, thanks, but I've already tried this one. I emailed using the link at the top of the page and the mail is returned immediately as undeliverable. I guess the website is a little out of date!

I've just done as you suggested Sarah so will look out for a reply!

Thanks for your help!

Cazz
Thanks to those who provided contact details for the Rio de Oro. We have now received email confirmation of our requested room and restaurant bookings. The successful address used was jefe.reservas.pro@solmeliacuba.com

Now that's sorted, I can go and get on with the packing :D

Cazz
Hope you have a marvellous time! This resort will "spoil" you, and you will have a hard time not re-booking! The staff at Paradisus Resorts "bend over backwards" to please their guests.... you'll have a wonderful, elegant and pampered experience!

We have 46 days to go :P

GG 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.