Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
As well as the above question.........can't get an answer to that query on their website :roll: Or the Q of whether we get a meal and if so do they do special meals as do other sites for dietry needs :?: No choice given when we booked the 11 flights
unless they charter in other aircraft it should be a 737-800 3/3 config 30"pitch cant help with the meal situation as we dont have them

wizard
Isn't the food included ? I thought as they were Scheduled the food & drink aspect were not seperate, hence no offer to book it seperately when making flight booking :?:
Food is included on ajet flights, although it has recently gone from being one of the best, to most difinitely the worst. Dinner is some sort of pasta f (!) with a teaspoon of a red sauce on top (yuk!) and breakfast is an anaemic sausage, a hash brown and two slices of the fattiest bacon I have ever had. This is all served in half an inch of delicious (!?) clear liquid that has to be drained off into the orange juice container before you attempt to eat any of it. Good Luck with that.

Orange juice was OK, as were free drinks.

Yes, configuration, as Brian points out is 3 and 3.

Ady
Pubdog.......You were spot on, we had EXACTLY the same meals served and they were both disgusting :x I didn't touch mine on either flight except for the bread roll, didn't even eat the yoghurt that came with the "breakfast" as I noticed that the tiny 100g pot had almost 200 calories in it with about 6 teaspoons of sugar :roll:

Can't say I'd fly with them again out of choice unless they really were the cheapest of cheap options and not just because of the foul food.

The onboard staff were indifferent and rude, they whipped through everything from the food to the drinks, the sound was dodgy on both the outbound and inbound flight entertainment and nobody gave a hoot. We all got the impression that none of them wanted to be there and actually hated their job immensely, my advice.......go do another job if you hate the one you have so badly.

Not impressed at all. Wouldn't recommend them except for the cheapness....it's back to BA for me from now on even if it's slightly more expensive.
There are rumours on an aviation forum that ajet.com of Cyprus closed down operations today. Airliners.net forums and pilot forum too....
There is some information on that story HERE.

David :wave
Allegedly. accrding to the other sites, ther flights were cancelled today. Their website is currently down "until further notice" ....
Manchester's flight arrived as normal then it departed Manchester for Lasham, probably the plane is to go into storage?
there is also an article in todays news section of http://www.cyprus-mail.com referring to an a-jet plane being blocked from departure by airport personnel

wizard

shame heleos were my second favored airline (Cyprus airways being top) for flights to the island
Ajet have been grounded by the Cypriot Government.

My father in law is in Larnaca airport as I write waiting for an Ajet flight to Birmingham tomorrow morning.

I have spoken to Birmingham Airport and they have confirmed that Ajet are grounded but it looks like Eurocypria are covering the flights - I guess because Libra Holidays (who I think own Ajet) probably have a few holidaymakers trying to get home.

My father in law booked direct with Ajet (or I did for him :oops: ) so we are hoping they get him home !

John
Ajet ceases trading

Libra Holidays-owned Ajet Aviation has ceased trading and all flights have been cancelled.

Interim head of sales and marketing of Libra Holidays, Kim Wonnacott, confirmed that a Board decision was taken by Ajet to cancel all flights operated by the airline as of November 1.

"Libra Holidays, like any other tour operator, was chartering aircraft from Ajet and will be replacing these flights with alternative carriers including EuroCypria and Excel Airways," said a statement.

"Two flights have already been substituted by another carrier.

"Libra Holidays continues business as usual and does not foresee any major disruptions to its future passengers."

With permission from Travelmole
Any ideas on the repercussions for next year? Flights to Larnaca from both our closest local airports (Teesx - DurhamTV & Newcastle) are with ajet. Will this mean we have to travel to airports further afield or do you think other charters (as previously mentioned) will cover on a permanent basis?
I think the majority of their charters will find another carrier, but i'm guessing a couple may get withdrawn.
Boothers,

My brother regularly uses Ajet out of Newcastle and has been advised today from Ajet H/O in the UK. that the Ajet flights currently used by the tour operators as charter flights will be the responsibility of the tour operators to replace with another charter company like Excel & EuroCypria.

However if like us the flights are booked direct through Ajet for DIY hols and the like then unfortunately I can't see anyone picking those routes up as there's already Cyrpus Airways and BA operating :?

So, just another demise of an airline unfortunately.
Does anybody have any ideas on what is happening with flights already booked direct with ajet? I flew with them last week, there and back no problems! Have a flight booked for December with them which I did direct not through tour operator.
Have seen on their website that people due to fly in the next 2 or 3 days have been put on alternative flights with Eurocypria and Excel. Hoping for a refund or alternative to be arranged but not feeling too hopeful at the moment.
Does anybody have the phone number for HQ?
Helen,

All the relevant Tel. numbers are on their website under the
contact us
page. We rang the UK office.

I suppose it really depends on whether they've gone bust or just blocked from flying by the Cypriot Government.....of this I'm not certain as none of the news reports or the website state what's what. I assume if they're not insolvent there's a good chance of a refund or that they've arranged for other airlines to pick up their routes temporarily. If however they've gone bankrupt then as always the paying customers will be at the bottom of a very long list of people owed money and as such the only recourse would be a claim via your credit card company, assuming you booked them with a credit card ?

I know I was VERY worried when I booked 12 flights with them last October 05 for our trip in Sept 06, I'd heard whispers regarding problems then on various websites and from Cypriot friends. I carefully chose which payment method I used because of this and also checked with the CC company as to whether I could claim IF Ajet went bust during the 11 months we had before we flew. Thankfully we were lucky....just. Having said that I'm back to Cyprus this Tuesday for a week and almost booked with them, but thankfully realise that choosing Cyprus Airways scheduled out of Heathrow was a godsend given what's occured this week :?

Good luck in sorting it out for your December flight.
Thanks. At the moment there is no way to navigate around their website,there is just one page with an announcement on, so therefore no links to find out contact numbers.
I did book with a credit card, so am glad that I should get a refund through them if it comes to it. However I really want to get things sorted and rebook my flight with another airline if I'm not going to be transferred. Don't want to do that too soon though and then find I have 2 flights for the same day!!
Anyone know anymore information yet?
Helen,

Just hunted out my old flight confirmation from September and found the following info:

Address:
ajet,
2nd Floor, Castle House
21 Station Road,
New Barnet, Hertfordshire,
EN5 1PA
United Kingdom

Telephone:
+ 44 (0) 208 819 8819

Fax:
+ 44 (0) 208 819 8888

Reservations:
+ 44 (0) 870 750 2750

I've looked at the site and found that to be very poor with regard to flights after 6th Nov.........not nice to be in limbo as you can bet everyone due to travel with Ajet will be chasing other flights with other airlines.

Hopefully you can get more info if you ring them direct. Good Luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.