Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hurricanes
40 Posts
'Hurricane batters Jamaica's south'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6954296.stm

Now heading towards the Cayman Islands and Mexico.
Ive just spoken with my TO, and they at present our holiday is gooing ahead next Monday, as Thomson haven't stopped selling flights. It all depends on whether they stop the flights, then holidays are relocated and deferred to a later date. At present, all is going ahead!
You may also like to keep an eye on the FCO advice for MEXICO.

Pippy :D
Does anyone have an update on Hurricane Felix? I am due to fly out to Cancun on Thursday and I believe he's going to hit Mexico on Wednesday afternoon! :( :?
Hurricane Gustav to make landfall in Cuba early wednesday morning . Category 1 but expected to strengthen between Haiti and Cuba
Update. At least 5 people dead in Haiti after Gustav hits. Been downgraded to tropical storm but expected to intensify as it heads for Cuba.
Hurricane warning has been issued for HAVANA area and Western Cuba. Hurricane watch issued for Matanzas (Varadero). Next 24 hours critical.
Gustav, Hanna and now Ike. Definitely a bad hurricane season. Heading to Varadero next friday if I am lucky. Hope everyone over there stays safe.
Hi going to Dominican on the 14th Sept a week and bit, staying at Iberostar Costa dorada?

Has this hotle been affected by Gustav?

Is it likely to be in the path of Hanna & Ike?

Little bit worried about it.

If Hanna & ike hit the Dominican but the other side to this hotel would it affect the weather that we would get?

Thanks
bannanaboat :wave:
I am in contact with people at ICD and the hotel has not been affected by Gustav.
No-one can tell if the path of Ike will hit the Dom. Rep as it is too early. Hanna is passing but only a few showers nothing to worry about, no damage with winds.
You can track future storms on this website.http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Josephine is crossing the Atlantic as well!!! The Caribbean is certainly having more of their fair share this year. :(

Hope this helps.
If anyone needs advice regarding hurricane/storm damage to specific hotels please post HERE as this thread is specifically for hurricane/storm updates.

Thanks.

Pippy :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.