Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Onur Air ..
760 Posts
flew onur air last june cardiff to dalaman and they were fine. food was cold rice olives and a piece of chicken. there was no entertainment but its only a 4 hour flight. same meal for the children as adults no alchol was served apart from wine but you get free soft drinks sprite coke orange juice e.c.t. crew were fine some people found them abrupt but i think this was because they didnt speak much english(i'm sure they we seemed the same to them as we dont speak much turkish) the plane wasn't the best i've seen but was clean and tidy and no smoking both flights were on time
We have just booked to fly to turkey in june with onur air. Have just recieved the invoice and the flight times are the same as when we booked, hopefully they won't change.
Flew with onur air last year, food not much good but everything else was ok, as long as we get to turkey in one piece I really don't mind what the aircraft is like, just a shame it has to bring you home again. :cry:

karen :D
goldtrail are doing some great deals using onur air i just booked three seats with them for 7th may under three hundred not bad
not to bothered about the food they dont give you enough to fill you up anyway a couple of big macs do the trick ha ha
flew with them in october and was happy with everything so i will give it another go
does anyone know where i can check timetables (between Birmingham and dalaman with Onur Air - i've checked the bhx website but can't find the ino i need). i'm looking at a holiday to marmaris going out 5th May for 7 nights - but the advertised return flight says it leaves Dalaman on the 12th May at 04.40 (I wanted to check whether it is the 12th - or the 13th). Flight number is OHY619

Cheers
it is the 12th coming back. Onur are Turkish and their charters start from Turkey. UK charters start in the UK so your times are later leaving resort.

Turkish charters start their flying day in Turkey so this is why the flights are earlier and you get less time than if you were on a UK charter company flight.

Hope this makes sense - the flights are dead cheap to make up for this though :?
Used Onur Air on internal flights in Turkey last week - Istanbul - Bodrum and return. They were very good in all respects. I don't speak any Turkish except the usual pleasantries, so I was a little worried about how it would go.

I had booked on their internet site, so just presented my confirmation number at Istanbul domestic check-in and they sorted our tickets and showed us where the gate/security was. Very helpful. Flights were on time both ways.

Onur were an example to the likes of Easyjet and Ryanair, they offered boiled sweets once everyone was seated, then during the flight offered tea, coffee, soft drinks(limited choice but it was free) and cake or crackers, all with the usual politeness that we love about Turkish people.

I've also used them last year from Galsgow - Bodrum & return and they were good then also. Service was similar to above. As someone else said take a book as they don't have any entertainment.
This is some text from the report i have just read on onur air in the turkish daily news personally i have never had a problem with them but ? some countries have
http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=29599
OH we are flying out with them on sunday!!
Im sure it will be fine, I am not about to let that put me off although it does cause a little stir in the pit of my stomach!!

Tina
Used them twice and found them to be far better than UK airlines
We flew out to Dalaman with Onur last week from Liverpool, it was a brand new Airbus, took off on time and landed a little earlier than scheduled. It was comfortable enough, in flight meals were OK, pasta and fishcake things going out and rice and sliced chicken breast on return with the inevitable carrot cake than looks like a scourer but tastes fine, tea and coffee. Free soft drinks and juice. Cabin staff were efficient if a little glum-faced. There was actually a TV system which was showing cartoons and an old Charlie Chaplin film on the way home, that is a first for Onur. Not much flight info on the way out but sufficient on the return journey.
No complaints and a lot cheaper than other charter airlines.
flying with onur 11th august ,cant wait,but cant find any mention of baggage allowence will it be the full entitlement or the lower weight limit.Cheers.

Chris.
Just returned from marmaris this morning after spending a week there and travelled with onur air, i can honestly say both flights were fantastic, on time, clean, meals were fine no complaints and the flight did sell alcohol as i have read reviews which said it didnt. Absolutely no complaints about cabin crew and i wouldnt hesitate to use them again.
Hi
Due to fly out to Bodrum in July and just wondered if anyone can provide absolute clarity on the baggage allowance.
Was hoping to take 2 LARGE cases (for a family of four) but clearly these will weigh over the 20kg...but surely I am permitted 80kg for 4 paying passengers so do they mind if it is all in 2 cases
Thanks
i cant help with the specifics of this airline but as a general rule in europe NO single bag should exceed 30 kg (EEC helth and safety regs)

wizard
Hi, We're also flying to Bodrum with Onur in July according to our brochure
"Baggage Allowance: This is 20kg (44lb) for each person. Baggage weighing more than the baggage allowance will be subject to a charge payable at check-in. Single items of luggage weighing over 32kg will not be accepted by the airline for health and safety reasons."
Returned from Dalaman with my case weighing in at 22.5 kg. Nothing extra was charged.

We had a brand new A321 to and from UK and cabin crew was very polite and helpful in both directions.

Food was OK too.

So, no complaints this year about Onur air. Last year, we were diverted to Istanbul for an hour or so, as one of the dials was faulty. Very old and rickety plane.

As we were about to land, pilot told us that it might be a bit of a sharp landing as aircraft a bit big for Exeter airport. Landing was very smooth but we didn't have much runway left when we came to a halt. :)

Cic
Flew with Onur and had a smooth flight , no problems. Slight delay both ways 40 mins but made up the time. Crew fine, food as reported awful. Be prepared. Great comng home, me and my husband had three seats EACH.
Margaret
Hiya
Im off to Icmeler on friday for 2weeks with my friend,i cant wait to go and im going to do my packing today.Anyone else on the same flight?Were are you travelling to?
What onur like to fly with?What about the price of duty free on board,i believe its meant to be cheap.
Im so excited get the efes and cocktails at the ready!!
love joanne xx :D
hi.its vicky im going from liverpool on the 10th for 2weeks as you might know ! go with on air went with on air last time and its not so bad just get all turkish staff and turkish snack so atleast you get a taste of turkey before you get there. hope you enjoy your hol might pass you .x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.