General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Can you not buy sterilising tablets in the UK to dissolve in a tupperware container abroad? In my day (many many years ago), they were sold under the brand of Milton.
My friend used to take the sterilising tablets with her, then buy a 5 litre bottle of water, cut the top off and hey presto she had a sterilising unit.

I just used to boil a large pan of water and place the feeding stuff in there for 10 mins.

Both methods worked fine.
Tupperware box and sterilising tablets. My sister did this for all the time her son was a baby and I'm talking only five years ago. It worked for my mum nearly 40 years ago and still does the job now.
Yep, thats what I did too - but I didn't take the tupperware box with me from the UK, only the sterilising tablets (I believe in packing as light as possible, especially when you have a babies buggy etc to contend with). I just bought a new plastic basin from the supermarket on my first day in the resort - plastics are very cheap to buy I found.

Elaine
After advice received on here we bought the travel pack from Mothercare. Only cost about £7 for the week. It consists of some large strong plastic bags containing a sterilising tablet.
We filled the bag with tap water (Egypt) hung it on the bathroom doorknob and it was OK for 24 hours.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.