Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomson
727 Posts
My holiday was booked through First Choice Shop but is a Thomson holiday they sold me, as it was cheaper than their own(FC)
hi
i dont know if anyone else has this problem everytime i go into look at holidays to turkey from glasgow it always comes up from manchester .this is going to bodrum airport in sept it's as if glasgow has disappeared from there site.
thanks myra :)
I am having the same problem, I have tried other destinations and it is also the same cant seem to get Glasgow airport at all
Most likely the airline is not flying from Glasgow in 2009.
Most likely the airline is not flying from Glasgow in 2009.

:( Unfortunately up here in Scotland we are rapidly turning in to the forgotten north as far as many airlines and tour operators are concerned, less and less flights and destinations are being offered from Scotland and I for one am fed up with having the hassle of travelling to Manchester or Gatwick (and other airports down South) to go on holiday to a destination that I would like to visit.

I am not talking about exotic and far of destinations, it is now hard to get to many European destinations including Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece etc from the frozen North Siberian holiday wastelands known as Scotland :rage
Does anyone know the ceo's or any other top ranking names for Thomson? I am writing to them regarding problems on our flight and would prefer to address it to a name as opposed to just the customer Service department.

Regards
Kaz
bevsmum wrote:
Does anyone know the ceo's or any other top ranking names for Thomson? I am writing to them regarding problems on our flight and would prefer to address it to a name as opposed to just the customer Service department.

Regards
Kaz

It'll get dealt with by the same department even if you address it to the Thomson boss
Hi Graham,
This is the problem when you get no competition only 2 companies now and its do as we say or go nowhere.
This is the problem when you get no competition only 2 companies now and its do as we say or go nowhere.

That's a very good point qatarman :tup
hi can anyone tell me what food will be served on the plane.i am flying from london to cancun at 10.10am.do we get lunch and dinner.thanks s
Hi Sharon ... please click here for our Thomson flight enquiries topic.

David :wave
TUI
I read today that tui is to reduce its holidays next year by 16% HERE.

So it looks like there's going be less bargains to be had next year.
they may have a shock comming next year when ALDI start their holiday selling.. :rofl press item
Our Thomson holiday bill is due to be paid by 5th December.
We had a reminder last week, which was fine
but this morning we received a letter dated 27th November to say

Thank you for choosing to book your holiday with Thomson. Further to our recent reminder, we are concerned that the following amount remains unpaid.
Total cost is £xxx
Already paid £xx
Payment due Fri 05 Dec 2008

Your Travel Agent may require that you pay earlier to avoid cancellation charges

Your booking reference ABC 1234

Should we not receive your payment by 4.00pm on 05 Dec 2008 we shall have no alternative but to cancel your holiday, and you will incur charges in accordance with your Travel Company's booking conditions.

Now, we booked it through Thomson's own travel Agency on the High Street.
We have been travelling with Thomson for years.

I feel that this letter is insulitng. Am I being over-sensitive, or are they trying to alienate their customers, who usually have to shuffle balances form savings to current accounts to cover holiday bills, and plan the transfer dates accordingly?
I wouldn't be happy either. You still have 4 days in which to pay and still not be late.

luci :wave
Thomsons are a law unto themselves,we have an ongoing problem with them over our Travel Agent going out of buisness,another company have taken over the booking however its nearly 7weeks now and still no word from Thomsons confirming the new Travel Agent,our Final payment is due on the 29th of Dec.I will be contacting ABTA today for some advise
ABTA,are as much use as a chocoate tea pot,keep you on hold for 10mins(your call is ect ect) then have no constructive advice.
Well I have paid my bill now, mentioned the letter again in store, the girl looked as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth and said "We've been sending letters like this out for 5 years now".

Well we've never had one before. My husband told me that he heard that some customers try to delay paying until after Christmas.
We are setting off a week or so earlier than normal, at the end of January, so maybe that's why we got the letter?

qatarman, hope you get your booking confirmation sorted.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.