Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
There are loads of nice places to eat. probably everything!!! chinese, pizzas, italian, seafood, english pubs etc etc.

Where are you staying?
there are so many places to eat, just depends where you are staying...there is a good Tex mex/Argentinian place not far from the occidental oasis, loads of other eateries nearby with just about every type you can think of. With regards bars and stuff, it depends what you are into..noisy or quiet..and there are good irish bars everywhere you go. The worst thing is when they are all trying to drag you in at once with promises of this that and the other..just like the lucky lucky men really. Thankfully, lanza doesn't have half as many as tenerife. Enjoy your holiday...
If the celeste are where I think they are you are very central and close to the beach and prom. You will have no problem finding a large choice of bars and eating places within a couple of minutes of the apartments whichever direction you walk in :)
Hi, You lucky thing staying in the Celeste apartments they are lovely and close to everything. A fantastic chinese just along the road from celeste, best chinese i have had for a long while, and so close to get a take away if you wanted. Had a couple of great nights out in a bar on the front called the Sunburnt Arms, great Shania Twain tribute singer Angela, excellent she is also great at her own show as well with her partner Kerry great voices, hope they are still there. Have a great time im sure you will.
Caz
wonderful little authentic spanish :P tapas :P resturant.just off main sq which hosts lots of cocktail bars.hook bar etc
Pretty much every taste catered for in Costa Teguise.
If you like steaks then try the Argentinian [ can't remember its name, but just across the road from the Occidental ].
For breakfast we used to go to the Irish Bailey down the seafront, unlike a lot of other places it was neither swiming in, nor tasting of cooking oil.
Loads of Chinese restuarants, pizzas everywhere.
Never really had a bad evening meal, so go try different places, and you'll end up having your own favourite.
Out of Celeste Apatments, turn left.

100 metres down is the main entrance to "The Square".
Straight in front is a tiny bar called "THE SNUG" which plays Irish music.

Over in the left hand corner is a Spanish Tapas bar which I've heard good things about.

Turn right at the little jewellers (German run, 18k gold, very reasonable prices) and you come to...

"THE SCOTS & WRY" which is again quite small but they show all the Scottish games and have "live" entertainment.

Walk past this and you come to another little square.
On your right, up the stairs, is an Irish bar called...

"THE HARP". Very small inside but they have Playstations for the kids. They also have SIS racing and an "in-house" bookie during the day for the horse racing (don't know anywhere else in Costa Teguise that provides this.

In the left hand corner and up the stairs is the...

"JUG & PLATTER". Very traditional English pub feel and look inside. They also show football.

Below this is...

"THE DUBLINER". Irish run and an Irish name but that's all that's Irish about it! the DJ is from Essex and does music quizzes, trivia quizzes, shot quizzes, karaoke and, amongst other things... Bingo! May, or may not have "live" music by then, but will probably have a Drag act on which is very good. The bar is a reasonable size inside and also has seating outside. Food is served all day long and has Take Away up till 11pm.

This is the best bar mainly for the reason that I am the afore mentioned Essex DJ.

"Essex Boy" Ricky B.

See you then.
djrickyb
:whoops

I know this might be off topic but how long ago did you see the jug and platter?
There used to be one just off the main part of the square and about a year ago it vanished :cry:
Is this where it has moved too :D ?
Welshlass, this is the Jug & Platter's new location.
Upstairs but bigger premises.
Still got the all the 'Pool memorabilia there though.
We were in it late July 2005
Thanks bigal-6
Might just pay a visit next week. It would be worth the drive from PDC.
Next week :) you lucky woman :wink:

Never mind 12 weeks on Monday and I'm away, only know its twelve weeks because I've got to pay it then :lol:
the jug does a lovely sunday roast and in the same square the british cafe does a fab english brekkie,real bacon and sausage and hot too,unlike some other dodgy establishments who claim to have british products! and are cold and swimming in grease! if they are less than 2 euros you know it's not going to be nice! :shock: stu is really good for tourist info too and footie info! my hubby was chatting to him for ages,but luckily there was a bag and shoe shop next door!! he also makes the best cup of coffee in costa teguise! :lol:
the lighthouse bar next to pueblo marinero has live music on every night and a good atmosphere too.the owner,jose does a mean cocktail!
Just to say I must agree with marysol about Lighthouse bar, nice place to have a drink, and the meals are reasonable too, friendly waitresses and staff, they also do a nice breakfast. Just down from Lighthouse there is Lani`s which can get crowded at times but meals are nice although be prepared for a wait at busy times,and watch out for the old small roll and pat of butter trick,you get charged a euro for it, not much I know but just don`t think it`s a freebie. There was also a bar called Shooters when we were there, not exactly the Ritz; but friendly staff and they do a reasonably priced meal.
Regards, Brigger
brigger ,shooters has closed and is up for sale,bit of a partnership disagreemant I heard! also I have to disagree with you about lanis,sorry.
we have tried them 3 times now,in every resort and have been not just dissapointed but appalled at the standard both of the food and the service! the food is always cold,same as the staff! I feel that because they have so many reataurants in all the main resorts they are very complacent,i think you must have been one of the lucky ones,but with so many nice retaurants in costa we wont return to any of the lanis.food for the masses not the classes!
Hi marysol,
You might be right about us being one of the lucky ones at Lanis, we had been told about the things you complained about but I can only speak as I find and it was o.k for us, any other suggestions for bars or restaurants to visit. :?:
Cheers, Brigger
depends what you are looking for but we use the vesubio and dona lolas over looking the teguise playa hotel and the little beach in front of it,lovely fresh fish,pasta,pizza and salad in both,and a fab view during the day,even better with large jug of sangria!they are just at the bottom of the road that the taxi rank is on,do you know it?think it is avenida de la playas?
also try casa blanca next to the lighthouse,good grilled meats .
but dont go back to lanis,please? they are taking over the resort and pushing smaller independant restaurants out!
Agree about Vesubio. It is excelelent, and I've eaten there many a night
Hey wbreweruk!!

me & hubby are booking to go in oct too but was a little worried about the weather. When are you going? we are going 1st-15th. Do you know what i can expect??

Thanks nic
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.