Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I was there in 2002. It was great. Grabbed a few photo's your welcome to look at here

Have fun.

*edit to update link
Thanks for the pics, not seen this website before!

Is the long walk down the hill (and back up again!) safe or would you recommend hopping on the courtesy bus?

What did you do at night when the bus was not running?

Only 2 days to go for us!

:wink:
We walked! Its not so bad but you will know it when you get up there. If you have a car then its easy but I drink in the evening (moderately) and so won't drive. Oh, and yes, its very safe, the whole island is. In fact its the safest place I've been.

As I said on my website, get a car to see the place if you have never been there. Its very easy driving. The roads are like a fishbone with a main road end to end and other roads branching off from that to the coast.

There is a road train, you know the touristy thing, that runs to the top and stops outside the hotel which may be handy. Its a lovely place but I found the onsite entertainment a bit naff.

Hava a good time!
Thanks for this. We are all inclusive there so are hoping to stay in the hotel in the evenings, so long as the entertainment is okay. Hopefully it may have improved since 2002!

By the way, I meant to ask - is the hotel mainly occupied by brits? Not that i'm anti-european - just that the last hotel we stayed at in mainland spain was 90% german and we felt a bit isolated.

Thanks
Yes mostly Brits. Its a very Brit resort but none of the Costa style 'fish n chips' shop feel.

More upmarket than the San Jamie complex down the hill. I've stayed at both and much prefer your hotel. The apartments around San Jamie can be noisey till late but the Valentin is peacefull. Its a little further back from the beach but well worth the extra few yards!

If you don't stray far from the hotel you will miss out on a lot. Grab a car if you can, see Cala Galdana its beautifull, mount Torro & Fornells.

I'm not sure when the festival St Joan is this year, if its on when your there I recommend you avoid it.

I'm out there myself a couple of weeks after you so don't hog all the sun.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.