General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Erm, I can't decide!!! Can I just say my full suitcase? With all my clothes in! Great idea for a thread... shame I can't cope without anything! :roll:
A BIG hat!! How else would anyone know it was me! :pele
A good book. A holiday wouldn't be a holiday without the essential novel to relax with on the lounger. Oh, and a purseful of money for those cooling drinks. What more do you need?
A silk shirt called "Judith"(after Judith Chalmers because it's been to more holiday destinations than she has !!)I bought it in Cyprus about 12 years ago and it's the most comfortable shirt I've ever owned and I won't travel without it.
In fact, last year we were walking through Faro airport when someone called out my wife's name and "Judith"- it was people we had met the previous year who recognised my shirt. :lol:
That's fab sagres! :D

It's a few good books for me. Though my dreams on approach to holidays usually involve panic airport scenarios in which I don't have my passport or I have all my luggage in supermarket carrier bags. :shock:
Hi Sandc! Me too I'm never perfectly happy until I reach my destination and find that I really haven't left anything behind. My hubby's approach is - Have we got the passports? - Have we got the money? If the answer to those is Yes- he says well we're ok then.
My Travel Kettle, sweeteners and Tea Bags :lol: ....Nobody can make tea like us Brits. So for me its me Typhoo or me Yorkshire Tea.
Well for the last 23 years it has been buckets and spades but this year will be the first since 1981 where we have just been a couple. Mind you I might still slip in a B&S!
Mine would be my hubby.

Well who else is going to pay for the drinks :lol:
Mine is Baby Moisturising Lotion....the stuff in the tube. It is my flight essential and goes everywhere with me. It only costs about a £1 and you can put it everywhere, stops my lips getting sore and helps my tan stay too. I fly about once a month, long haul about twice a year and it is the best thing I have found for this.
as per looby loo

mine will be the wife , but not to pay for the drinks (as we are on a.i.) but to fetch them.

only joking though in case she reads this .
i am only trying to keep this thread going, and dont you just love those welsh flags! :D :D
Boots Soltan Aftersun - the smell just says I'm on holiday!!!
apart from the usual like passports and stuff..( oh and Rob and the kids!) i would say sunglasses, sun cream,and my camera to take loads of good pics. Oh and a book or 2..and first aid kit..and i could think of loads of extra things that always seem to come with me.. its a wonder my case doesn't weigh in as excess!
Right back at you, looby lou.

I wouldn't go without my hubby either.

Someone has to carry the cases, buy the drinks, pay for the food and tip the waiters.
my avon SSS to stop the mozzies biting me!
apart from everything in my suitcase( and in hubbies aswell :!: )
and usuall things like passports, money, and tickets!!!

books
suntan cream and aftersun
make up
hair staighteners
sun glasses
mp3 player
camera

and lastly my hubby of course :D
What did everyone do before hair straighteners? They so often come up as the most essential grooming item?
i would insist on them also if my stepdaughter had not borrowed them only for me to never see them again!!!

When the boy was younger, we could not go away without his little purple wizard teddy bear or his little puppy dog teddy ( if he could see this forum now he would probably disown me) and now he won't go without his Liverpool FC football shirt and baseball hat or hair gel to spruce his hair up with in the evenings...stepdaughter always wants 15 tonnes of beauty products and as many outfits as she can possibly cram into a suitcase as she insists on getting changed every couple of hours whilst away. Of course, they both insist these items are strictly essential...
Holiday essentials with the exception of the obvious for me are:

Mrs Sliema2
My sun hat
Cargo pants
Binoculars
Guide books
Radio
Slippers

Ciao for now
Sliema2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.